What is my job:
The job of the In Store Restaurant Coordinator is to combine an ability to provide incredible service with knowledge of Food and Beverage to promote and sell items by sharing knowledge about our menu offerings. As a coordinator you will be expected to practice suggestive selling, support In Store Ala Carte operation by demonstrating exceptional people & service skills and training new employees on the standards, menu items and practices in our In Store Ala Carte Restaurants.
How do I make a difference?
Providing incredible customer service
• Providing incredible customer service by serving guests in a courteous, attentive and efficient manner when maintaining tables, placing orders and collecting payments
• Learning and demonstrating a thorough understanding of culinary and beverage offerings, including cooking techniques to prepare items; making food & beverage recommendations to guests and talking about items in a manner that creates interest and enthusiasm.
• Following regulations for checking guest identification to ensure legal drinking age and no alcohol is being served to minors
• Ensuring guests are served alcohol beverages responsibly and monitoring the consumption accordingly while ensuring they are provided with a positive experience and a reason to return
• Teaching employees necessary skills to provide incredible customer service including, bartending, menu knowledge and service standards, using appropriate training guides and checklists.
• Providing guests with a reason to return, by building rapport, delivering the best possible service and experience during our guests visits.
Making high quality products available for guests
• Working with Restaurant Manager & Culinary team to learn bar offerings and become familiar with menu items, using acquired to recommend beverages to guests and create an enthusiasm for items
• Preparing restaurant for service and maintaining it throughout the night with an exceptional attention to detail; ensuring all areas are clean, organized and well-stocked to meet the operation’s needs
What skills, learnings, and experiences are required?
• Experience working in restaurant service or other industry experience
• Basic knowledge of beer, liquor and wine
• Living Who We Are values by caring about the well-being of every person, having high standards as a way of life, making a difference in the communities we serve, respecting and listening to others and making decisions that benefit our customers and company
• Possess teamwork & diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
• Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
• Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
• Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food & human safety practices are strictly adhered to
• Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
• Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
• Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired product knowledge
• Learn, use and be able to explain Wegmans sanctioned cooking techniques to assist customers for their success at home
• Write and speak clearly, concisely and with tact in a variety of settings using effective communication skills; demonstrating empathy and respect for others at all times
• Relate well to others using interpersonal savvy to foster two way communication and develop effective relationships; recognize differences in communication styles and maintain composure
What skills, learnings, and experiences are preferred and will set me apart?
• Experience as a Bartender and or server in a fast casual restaurant
• Certification of training in liquor, wine, food service and/ or alcohol awareness programs
• Completed a reputable bartending course
• Possess culinary knife skills which include safely using knives; sharpening and honing the edges of knives; and using them to chop, dice, julienne and mince
• Work towards continuous improvement to encourage change; find ways to increase profitability and productivity; and improve processes, products & customer service in the department(s)
• Server: Work includes continuous walking, standing for prolonged periods of time without a break, repetitive hand and arm movements, bending, reaching, frequent lifting and carrying, and occasional heavy lifting, along with continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment. Work includes forceful gripping as well as awkward and forceful postures of the wrist. Work involves exposure to various work environments, including temperature changes. The average weight range of items lifted is 10-20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 40 pounds occasionally. May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction).
• Bartender: Work includes standing, walking for prolonged periods of time without a break, repetitive hand and arm movements, bending, reaching, twisting, pivoting, frequent lifting, and occasional heavy lifting, along with continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment. Work involves exposure to various work environments, including temperature changes. The average weight range of items lifted is 5-10 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 40 pounds occasionally. May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction).
• Attendant: Work includes frequent walking, standing for up to 4 hours without a break, repetitive hand and arm movements, bending, reaching, along with continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment. Work involves exposure to various work environments, including temperature changes. The average weight range of items lifted is 10-20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 40 pounds occasionally. May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction).
• Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check
• All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed