At Wegmans our commitment to incredible service starts with ensuring the safety of our customers, employees and visitors at all of our facilities. In the role of an Asset Protection Specialist, you will work in our Wegmans stores and be responsible for maintaining and building the store’s security programs, helping to protect assets and providing a safe and secure environment. Our customers and employees will depend on you to ensure their experiences at Wegmans live up to the high standards and expectations we have set. If you are looking for a role that contributes to the entire store operation and allows you to protect our most important assets which include our people, products and facilities, this could be the position for you!
In this position you will:
- Use cutting edge systems, technology and data trending to identify and deter loss.
- Conduct interactive presentations education our employees on how to best stay safe on the job.
- Make a difference in the Communities we serve by partnering with and supporting our area Fire and Policy Emergency Services.
- Collaborate with other area Asset Protection teams to help identify and react to emerging or unfavorable trends.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Respond to requests for service during emergency situations and providing ongoing support and guidance to both employees and customers
- Execute safety programs designed to create a positive shopping experience for customers and a safe work environment for employees
- Partner with store management to implement an Asset Protection strategy aimed at maximizing sales while reducing shrink due to theft
- Discreetly observe customers, vendors, and employees in an effort to prevent loss
- Utilize a variety of resources to apprehend and process shoplifters
- Conduct investigations as needed
- Analyze reports to identify and reduce causes of unknown shrink
- Benchmark Asset Protection activity with surrounding businesses and other Wegmans locations to identify trends in shoplifting, security, and shrink
- Foster a collaborative and professional relationship with community organizations and local law enforcement officials to increase safety and security awareness and measures
- Regularly conduct Asset Protection awareness seminars
- Effectively maintain two-way communication with Store Management, Asset Protection and all business partners
- Troubleshoot and make repairs to surveillance equipment as needed
- Support, encourage, and respect co-workers
- Work with supervisor to set and achieve goals for professional development
- Comply with Wegmans Policies and Work Rules, as well as, federal and state laws
- Maintain open lines of communication with supervisors and coworkers to ensure the most efficient operations in the department
Note to Candidate:
- Work hours will include varied days/shifts – Sunday through Saturday. We are a 24 hours / 7 days per week department. Candidate must have an open availability including weekends and holidays.
- 2 years of Security, Asset Protection/Loss Prevention or Retail Supervisory experience
- Criminal Justice or related degree
- First Responder experience
- EMT Certification
- AED/CPR Certification
- Majority of hours are spent working independently in the store’s security center
- Tasks involve monitoring and operating various computer screens and equipment at one time and rely heavily on technical skills
- Work requires sitting for long periods of time, intermixed with walking the store to monitor for suspicious activity
- Responsibilities include handling conflict situations and diffusing heated situations in a calm matter while being respectful of all parties involved, avoiding physical encounters whenever possible
All offers of employment are contingent upon you taking and our evaluation of a background check and/or physical & drug screen
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.