A glimpse at the job:
At Wegmans, providing incredible customer service starts behind the scenes in departments such as Receiving. As a Team Leader in this area, you will assist store employees and outside vendors by ensuring products are accurately delivered to the stores; and will be given the opportunity to train and develop team members to do the same. You’ll support the incredible customer service our departments provide every day and will be the first step to getting products out on the shelves and available for customers to enjoy.
I will add value by:
- Overseeing the entire operations of the Receiving department; including ordering with Simplification practices in mind, hiring & staffing, training & development, scheduling and managing payroll
- Delegating tasks to team members and empowering them to take on new challenges, being certain to provide timely feedback and annual performance reviews that focus on their growth and professional development
- Verifying all incoming deliveries; ensuring the quantity and type of products received are correct and match invoices
- Unloading deliveries and breaking down pallets, ensuring supplies are put away neatly and efficiently following Simplification
- Working with outside product vendors, checking for overages, shortages or other discrepancies in products; ensuring they are following Wegmans practices when making deliveries
- Checking the quality of products delivered to ensure there is no visible damage; refusing delivery of products that do not meet Wegmans standards
- Assisting departments in tracking and processing vendor credits for overages, shortages, damages, etc.
- Keeping track of records for the receiving area, including billing, credits, transfers, inventory, damages and variances
- Monitoring monthly bills for the store to ensure bills are paid during the correct time period for the month they are received
- Maintaining the overall appearance and functionality of the back dock and receiving area to ensure vendors are able to safely and efficiently make deliveries
- Ordering all supplies for departments and offices throughout the store, communicating with appropriate people if when orders are received or if problems with orders arise
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Possess basic computer keyboarding and navigation skills
- Customer service/ receiving experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
- Understand, recognize and implement the company values; striving to make a difference by empowering employees and promoting high standards and excellence in all areas (Who We Are)
- Use performance and career development tools to manage and develop others, working with employees to set and achieve individual and department goals
- Practice proper planningandstaffing techniques which include managing time and resources
- Work towards continuous improvement to encourage change; find ways to increase profitability and productivity; and improve processes, products & customer service in the department(s)
- Use data analysis, wisdom, experience, judgment, and past actions as well as input from other sources for decision making, always considering the impact on customers, sales and contribution (profit)
- Control inventory levels and expenses such as payroll and shrink to impact bottom-line contribution (profit) for the department
- Ability to multi-task and react to a variety of situations at one time
- Practice proper ordering techniques to complete orders by deadlines and participate in inventory process to ensure items are available to support merchandising programs and product promotions
- Exhibit merchandising skills by attractively displaying products considering seasonality, cross-merchandising opportunities and corporate programs with the aim of educating and enticing customers
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Managerial/ supervisory experience
- Experience ordering products and handling inventory
- Work includes continuous interaction with co-workers and vendors in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include bending, reaching and repetitive hand and arm movements, including repetitive and sustained grasping
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 5 – 20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds rarely to occasionally
- May be exposed to various allergens and some seasonal outdoor temperatures and weather
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.