What is my job:
The job of the General Manager at Next Door Bar and Grill is to combine leadership skills with industry knowledge and experience in order to develop restaurant leaders while ensuring the most efficient, effective and profitable operation. The General Manager works hands on, interacting with the entire staff and patrons to oversee the Restaurant operations with a strong focus on maintaining the culture, growth of employees and financial sustainability.
Note to Applicant: Must be available evenings, nights, and weekends
How do I make a difference?
Running a profitable operation
- Driving efficient restaurant operations; overseeing the front-of-the-house operations including budget, scheduling, payroll, and its service offerings; actively driving sales while effectively managing all costs
- Managing the restaurant’s financials, recommending ways to enhance profitability
- Making sure the restaurant is in full compliance with staff training, responsible vending practices, labor laws, local laws and food and human safety
- Managing the facility to ensure compliance for operations; responsible use of utilities, equipment, property, and maintenance
- Positioning the restaurant as the main place to dine through innovative marketing and advertising in collaboration with Director of Next Door Bar & Grill
- Partnering with Restaurant Executive Chef and Director of Next Door Bar & Grill restaurants to ensure quality of product, drive sales and overall success of the restaurant
Managing the people systems
- Ensuring each employee is given the opportunity to be successful by providing them with the necessary tools and resources. Utilizing the Who We Are values to provide timely feedback; ensuring employees continuously improve and enjoy working for Next Door Bar & Grill
- Aligning all actions with the Restaurant Core Values and business goals
- Developing the team, making sure they continue to Learn and Grow
- Ensuring employees have up-to-date performance reviews and receive on-going feedback, continually looking for ways to improve practices & processes and develop talent
- Coaching employees and fostering an “open door policy” for all employees
Overseeing the day-to-day running of the business
- Working with the entire team to ensure that restaurant is properly staffed and that food meeting Next Door Bar & Grill’s high standards is being served in a timely and friendly manner
- Comfortably handling issues and concerns, maintaining composure, gaining input from others while leading the team to desired and positive outcomes
- Approving the staffing schedule and managing payroll, all food and beverage purchases and ensuring expectations for food and service are consistently being met or exceeded
- Ensuring complete guest satisfaction by empowering employees to exceed expectations by making sure every group or table is greeted by a manager during their visit at Next Door Bar & Grill
- Responding to Guest feedback and concerns ensuring guests look forward to their next visit
What skills, learnings, and experiences are required?
- 3 or more years proven success in high standard, fresh concept restaurant/hotel management (as a Restaurant Manager)
- Managerial experience, particularly in a restaurant setting overseeing a profit and loss statement including training staff, setting up events and evaluating resources
- Strong culinary knowledge
- Strong financial knowledge
- Introductory Level Certificate of “Court of Master Sommeliers”
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Windows-based software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Actively communicate the company vision and values to all and ensure work is completed in line with the organization's priorities and goals (integrates Who We Are & What We Do)
- Exhibit excitement and passion for product, speaking from personal experience to describe why and how products are used
- Show a customer needs focus, listening to guests and making decisions with their needs in mind, focusing efforts on building guests relationships and providing incredible service
- Easily build relationships with others, gaining trust and support, finding common ground and using team-based approaches to solve problems and achieve goals
- Demonstrate teambuilding by communicating a common purpose, empowering team members to contribute their best and selecting candidates with a variety of skills and styles for inclusion on the team
- Conduct accurate cost benefit analysis in order to invest where most the value is added
- Show commitment to developing food interest in self and others by collaborating with the Culinary Team to increase guest and employee knowledge and promote food appreciation
What skills, learnings, and experiences are preferred and will set me apart?
- Bachelors degree in Hospitality Management, food services or equivalent field
- Experience as a General Manager/Assistant General Manager in a fine dining or upscale restaurant in a resort or hotel setting
- Ability to effectively conduct business and deal with all levels of people, both internally and externally
- Experience working with a POS/Product Management System (Ex. Micros)
- Work includes walking, standing for prolonged periods of time without a break, repetitive hand and arm movements, bending, reaching, frequent lifting and carrying, and occasional heavy lifting, along with continuous interaction with guests and co-workers in a fast-paced environment.
- Work involves exposure to various work environments, including temperature changes.
- The average weight range of items lifted is 10-20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally.
- May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction).
- Employment at Next Door Bar & Grill may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check
- All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed