A glimpse at the job:
At Wegmans, our Grocery department is the largest area of the store, housing all the products customers need to complete their meals and stock their homes with essentials. As a team member in this area, you’ll be responsible for providing incredible customer service – going above and beyond expectations to ensure products are stocked and customer’s questions are answered. If you have an outgoing personality and are looking for the opportunity to work with and help others, this could be the position for you!
I will add value by:
- Providing incredible customer service by spending the majority of time on the sales floor, proactively approaching customers in the department, helping them locate products and offering suggestions and solutions to help complete their meal
- Reshopping misplaced products, shrinking out damaged goods and refilling missing items to ensure product levels are maintained and aisles are kept in pristine shopping condition
- Familiarizing self with products on the shelves as well as inventory in the backroom to better assist customers in locating items, being able to quickly answer questions about product availability
- Setting up displays and merchandising products in innovative and eye-appealing ways to drive sales in the department
- Breaking down deliveries throughout the day, stocking products on the sales floor and maintaining an organized back room following Simplification practices
- Recognizing seasonal holiday and weather effects on product sales, being sure to maintain a constant flow of these products going out on the shelves
- Maintaining open lines of communication with team members, Team Leader and Grocery Manager (or equivalent) as well as Overnight Grocery crew to ensure most efficient operations for the department as a whole
- Properly handling products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines, aiming to reduce the amount of damage goods and shrink
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others’ points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuouslearning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired productknowledge
- Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
- Work involves continuous interactions with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, bending and reaching
- Required to move or lift an average of 8– 32 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of greater than 50 pounds occasionally
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.