A glimpse at the job:
At Wegmans, we see our Pharmacy as much more than a place where customers come to get prescriptions filled. Our customers have come to depend on our Pharmacists to provide the best service possible when it comes to their health. In the role of a Wegmans Staff Pharmacist, you will work closely with management and technicians to provide customers with exceptional care and a one-of-a-kind pharmacy experience.
I will add value by:
- Providing incredible customer service, both in person and over the phone, assessing customer needs and listening to concerns while being empathetic with sensitive situations and striving to exceed customer expectations
- Acting as an integral member of the work flow process, pre-verifying and verifying prescription information to ensure the correct medication is being dispensed and given to the customer
- Answering customer questions or concerns, being sure to provide counseling about prescriptions, relaying any pertinent information so customers can confidently use medication at home
- Maintaining open lines of communication with doctors’ offices, insurance companies and other healthcare professionals to better serve the customer and the department
- Assisting management with implementing new programs in the department, getting team members and customers excited about changes taking place
- Embracing change and implementing best practices, identifying barriers to achieving goals and escalating issues when appropriate
- Participating in training and developing interns and technicians to advance in their roles as well as the pharmaceutical field and better serve customer and department needs
- Working with management and technicians in the department to ensure customer needs are being met, product levels are maintained and work is being completed in an efficient manner
- Complying with all policies and laws affecting the department including the Confidentiality (HIPAA) policy
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Degree in Pharmacy
- State Licensed
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Windows based software
- Advise others within the organization, as well as external business partners, using relevant knowledge and skills to ensure that sound business decisions are made.
- Demonstrates customer relations skills by building relationships with customers, and practicing good judgment in ensuring customer satisfaction
- Informs others using various communication tools to provide meaningful, accurate information people need to make decisions
- Relate well to others using interpersonal savvy to foster two-way communication and develop effective relationships; recognizes differences in communication styles and maintains composure
- Controls inventory levels and expenses such as payroll and shrink to impact bottom-line contribution (profit) for the department
- Ability to multi-task and react to a variety of situations at one time
- Practice process management, organizing and coordinating activities and/ or people to get things done through execution and monitoring of recurring processes to achieve a high level of performance
- Separate and combine tasks into an effective workflow by maximizing resources and providing assistance when needed and supervise output ensuring standards are adhered to
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Experience working in a high volume retail Pharmacy setting
- Certified in immunizations
- Certified in Diabetic education
- Continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions consist of bending, light lifting, repetitive hand and arm movements including repetitive, forceful pinching and grasping
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 1 – 10 pounds
- Frequent use of the telephone and computer
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Will spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.