- Applications are reviewed in the order that they are received
- Due to the overwhelming number of applications, we thank you in advance for your patience as we carefully review all applicant qualifications
- A recruiter will contact you by e-mail or phone if your information meets the position requirements and our current hiring needs
- At this time we are primarily hiring for part- time positions. If you are strictly looking for a full time position, we encourage for you to explore our careers page at http://www.wegmans.com/careers
A glimpse at the job:
At Wegmans, we recognize how important it is to provide the best service possible to our customers and take pride in going above and beyond to exceed customer expectations in all areas of the store. Whether answering customer questions, offering meal solutions or making sure products are stocked on our shelves; customer service team members perform every action with the highest standards in mind!
I will add value in the following Part Time Customer Service positions available at Wegmans:
Employees in the Service area have the greatest opportunity to uphold Wegmans high standards as they provide incredible service on the Front End; often having the last contact with customers before they leave the store. Customer Service team members in Service departments are given the opportunity to leave a lasting impression by ensuring each customer’s shopping experience is a great one!
Service Departments include: Accounting Office, Front End (including Cashiers and Café Cashiers*), Helping Hands (parking lot attendants & outside customer service), Maintenance, Price Checking, Service Desk
Positions of a similar nature may include: cashier, sales associate, checker, clerk, customer service representative, parking lot attendants, cart pusher, teller, guest services, lot attendant, janitor, handy person, maintenance
Our Perishable departments are the exciting areas of the store where our customers can see the skills and passion of our employees on display in innovative ways every day. Customer Service team members in this area go above and beyond customer expectations by WOW-ing them with their product knowledge, offering suggestions and cooking techniques, and ensuring items are available for their enjoyment.
Perishable Departments include: Bakery & Patisserie*; Commercial Bakery; Deli; Floral; Kosher Deli*; Meat; Olde World Cheese; Produce; Seafood
Positions of a similar nature may include: sale associate, clerk, customer service representative, associate, stocker, food production, cake decorator, baker, meat cutter, meat wrapper, floral designer, and floral arrangement
Culinary Departments including Prepared Foods:
Providing our customers with great tasting prepared foods means having talented employees working in our Culinary departments. Customer Service team members play an integral role in preparing ingredients and core recipes; merchandising products; and ensuring customers are provided incredible service, meal planning tips and access to products throughout the day.
Culinary Departments include: Asian Wokery; Catering*; Hot Line*; Kitchen (Prepared Foods Case); Packaging Room; Prepared Foods (including Coffee Shop, Old Fashioned Sub Shop, Pizza, Prepared Foods Service and Dishwashers & Table Bussers); Sushi; The Food Bar(Servers and Cooks)
Positions of a similar nature may include: sale associate, clerk, customer service representative, associate, food prep, food production, server, sandwich prep, baker, Waitress, Waiter, Bartender, Hostess, Host, Server, Attendant, Food Runner, Expeditor, Bar Porter, Bartender Helper, Bar Back, Steward, Banquet Server, Waitstaff, Restaurant Server, line cook, prep cook, short order, cook, grill cook, fry cook or dishwasher.
The varied departments of the Merchandising area are where customers can find everything they’d expect from a grocery store and all the things they never thought they could. Customer service team members in this area strive to provide customers with a one-of-kind shopping experience; working to explain product usage and ensure displays are stocked and well-merchandised to drive sales in the department.
Merchandising Departments include: Bulk Foods; Complements (specialty housewares)*; Dairy; Floor Maintenance (Overnight)*; Frozen Foods; General Merchandise; Grocery; Health & Beauty Care; International Foods; Nature’s Marketplace (natural & organic products); Overnight Grocery; Receiving; Skin Care*; Tea Bar* ; Wine*
Positions of a similar nature may include: Stocking, Warehousing, Night Crew, Replenishment, Stock Clerk, Stocker, Picker, Grocery Stocker, Evening Stocker, sale associate, clerk, customer service representative, and associate
Our Pharmacy is much more than a place where customers come to get prescriptions filled. Our customers have come to depend on Wegmans Pharmacy professionals to provide the best service possible when it comes to their health. Pharmacy Technicians play an integral role in workflow; processing prescription requests, ensuring customers are given correct medications and receive assistance from Pharmacists
Pharmacy Customer Service positions includes: Technician
Positions of a similar nature may include: Pharmacy Technician, Certified Pharmacy Technician, CPhT
*denotes a department not found in all Wegmans stores
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
What might set me apart from other candidates:
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
- Technician certification (In Pharmacy Department)
- Learn, use and be able to explain cooking techniques to assist customers for their success at home (In Perishable and Culinary Departments)
- Possess culinary knife skills which include safely using knives; sharpening and honing the edges of knives; and using them to chop, dice, julienne and mince (In Culinary Departments)
- Work involves continuous interactions with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Specific motions, weight lifting requirements and temperature conditions will vary by department
- Perishable and Prepared Foods departments require proper and safe handling of knives and other cooking or baking utensils and equipment
- In order to maintain a high standard of food safety, it is Wegmans’ policy that when working in Perishable and Prepared Foods areas a hair restraint must be worn at all times. Also, facial ornaments & jewelry must be removed.
- The availability requirements for these positions do not generally change throughout the year, except to meet any changes in business needs. Wegmans stores do not hire seasonal employees.
- All applications will be screened and only those applicants whose qualifications most closely match the job requirements will receive an interview.
- If you are a match for a position, we will contact you with additional information regarding the interview process.
- If your application and qualifications do not match the job requirements, you will be notified through email.
- Online correspondence is important throughout the Wegmans hiring process. Please ensure that your contact information is accurate and changes are updated as they occur.
Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen, physical and/or criminal background check