A glimpse of the job:
Assists and communicates timely for and with stores, various Distribution Centers, Transportation and Supply Chain partners, providing answers to questions, problem solving and resolutions to achieve incredible customer service.
I will add value by:
- Acts as a dynamic resource for our customers (Stores and DC’s) by providing status information, problem solving, transportation planning and decision making.
- Provides professional and responsive phone coverage for our customers and Supply Chain partners.
- Maintains composure and is proficient at all times.
- Works in this team atmosphere by maintaining two- way communication among all group members and other departments
- Prioritizes requests and department activities while managing frequent interruptions.
- Ensures that all responsibilities are prioritized and completed efficiently, accurately and consistently.
- Contributes to the training and betterment of new team members.
- Recognizes, shows appreciation and respects the contribution of customers and team members.
- Continuous improvement focus to make suggestions and improve processes.
- Adheres to all Wegmans policies and Work rules
- Completes tasks within commitment times
- Asks questions and utilizes down-time to learn new tasks
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Experience and proficiency with Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Access
- 2 years of Customer Service experience
- Strong systems aptitude in order to utilize computer applications
- Provide incredible service and gain the trust and respect of others by providing accurate information and responding to situations in a timely manner, listening carefully and acting with customers in mind
- Possess teamwork & diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and react to a variety of situations at one time
- Possess data entry skills and can easily navigate between computer screens, interpret and input information correctly utilizing proper keyboard techniques, treating company and other sensitive material with professionalism and confidentiality
- Write and speak clearly, concisely and with tact in a variety of settings using effective communication skills; demonstrating empathy and respect for others at all times
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Prior call center experience
- 1 year previous Administrative Assistant experience
- Inform others using various communication tools to provide meaningful, accurate information people need to make decisions
- Able to problem solve, anticipating, analyzing, and identifying problems, responding quickly when situations arise and preventing problems when possible
- Relate well to others using interpersonal savvy to foster two-way communication and develop effective relationships; recognize differences in communication styles and maintain composure
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check
All Applicants will be screened; only those most closely matching the posting of the position will be interviewed.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.