A glimpse at the job:
When Wegmans customers get a craving for a sub filled with the most delicious ingredients piled atop freshly baked bread, they know to look no farther than our Old Fashioned Sub Shop. As a Customer Service team member in this area, you’ll work with a team to ensure customers are receiving the freshest items just as they ordered – and receive it with the incredible service Wegmans prides itself on.
I will add value by:
- Providing incredible customer service, proactively approaching customers, preparing orders as requested and answering any questions they have about products or programs offered
- Completing all tasks in the department including preparing subs and wraps for customers; baking bread and cookies; slicing meats, cheeses, and vegetables; cooking meatballs and chicken strips; preparing and packaging salads; washing dishes, etc.
- Following Wegmans core recipes and department job aides when preparing all products in the department to ensure a consistent outcome in line with Wegmans standards of quality
- Balancing a variety of tasks at one time, being attentive to customers while preparing orders, ensuring supply levels are maintained and keeping an eye on products in the oven
- Maintaining open lines of communication with Team Leader and team members to ensure the most efficient operations in the department
- Working with department team leader to set and achieve goals for professional development
- Properly handling products, using equipment, keeping accurate logs and following sanitation practices in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuouslearning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired productknowledge
- Learn, use and be able to explain Wegmans sanctioned cookingtechniques to assist customers for their success at home
- Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
- Possess culinary knife skills which include safely using knives; sharpening and honing the edges of knives; and using them to chop, dice, julienne and mince
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
- Food preparation experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and produce quality products with speed and accuracy
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, bending, reaching and lifting
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 5 – 15 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds rarely
- May be exposed to various allergens and work environments, including temperature changes
- Will spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.