Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Pediatrics
Category: Nursing - LPN
Facility: Shenandoah Memorial Hospital
Location: Woodstock, VA
Department: SHENANDOAH PEDIATRICS - ADMIN
The LPN utilizes skills and knowledge to assist physicians and nurse practitioners in the clinical functions related to the medical office, ensuring that the highest degree of quality patient care is maintained at all times. Level of care is administered to patients of all age ranges with illnesses diseases or physical limitations. Evaluated by Site Coordinator and / or Providers, Medical Practice Manager. FLSA status : non-exempt
* Must be flexible and adaptable to various working conditions and job demands. Must demonstrate patience, understanding and good communication skills. Must have ability to give attention to detail and to be resourceful. Must maintain a professional attitude and be accountable and sensitive to the needs of patients as well as internal and external customers.
* High School Graduate (or equivalent)
* Graduate of a state accredited school of nursing
* Currently licensed as an LPN in the state in which you are employed or eligible
* CPR/BLS certified or certified within 6 months and bi-annually thereafter
* Experience in a medical office setting preferred.
* Knowledge of and ability to use basic office equipment, medical equipment and supplies necessary for daily duties
* Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills necessary for interaction with patients, visitors and staff.
* Multi-tasking skills necessary for performing day to day functions in a stressful, dynamic work environment.
* Appropriate attire required per policy.
* Must be able to function independently and as a team member.
* Candidates must be flexible, dependable and promote a professional image.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Knowledgeable in cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological states of human growth and development.
* Competent to provide assessment, care and treatment appropriate to the age group of the patients served.
* Criminal Background Checks include:
* State Police
* Third-party background check
* Central Registry
About Valley Health
Valley Health provides a wide range of products and services which enable patients to receive the care they need in the comfort of their own homes. Valley Home Care provides home oxygen, medical equipment and supplies. Valley Health Home Health Services and Community Nurse Case Management provide healthcare professionals including nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists, home health aides and medical social workers. Valley Health Home Health Services Home Health professionals work closely with the patient, his or her family and physician to provide a wide range of services. These services include: Nursing services Nurses evaluate changes in physical condition; administer medications; change dressings and draw blood for testing. High-tech treatments such as IV therapy and ventilator care are also provided. Registered nurses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.