Title: Operational Risk Manager
Location: US-OH-Columbus-Polaris McCoy Center / 54101
Other Locations: US-IN-Indianapolis, US-TX-Fort Worth
Centralized Transaction Operations (CTO), which is aligned under Corporate Sector, provides a wide range of global operational support and services for retail, commercial, treasury, asset wealth management and credit card customers. CTO has approximately 3,500 employees. Under the direction of Group Manager Lew Fischer, CTO is committed to a culture based on Shared Values and Behaviors. An ongoing focus for the organization is continuous improvement - on behalf of the firm, shareholders, and foremost, customers - as achieved through a structured business planning and execution model.
CTO is composed of four core operating functions; Acquisition Services, Information and Services, Control and Risk Management, and Payment Workflow Management . Within CTO, these groups are supported by Performance Consulting, Implementation Services and Communications groups.
Control & Risk Management (CRM) provides a variety of operational and financial controls, as well as compliance assurances, to mitigate risk for our customers and the company. CRM includes a number of Centers of Excellence that are recognized company-wide for their exemplary service and support.
The Operational Risk & Relationship Manager (ORRM) position is designed to support a specific business unit in its management of operational risk. In an environment where the business unit owns the risk, this role will act as a key influencer to the business. The ORRM will be a key business partner of the business unit. This role will ensure the implementation and maintenance of Chase's Operational Risk Management (ORM) Framework. The ORRM will function as part of a team to: develop, implement, and maintain framework policies, standards and technology; provide oversight on compliance with Chase ORM policy; and provide SME collaboration with the business unit and/or corporate functions to implement and maintain required operational risk management practices.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
* Effective strategic partnering with business and functional colleagues to guide consistent and rigorous JPM operational risk management practices, including: risk committees, control self assessments (CSAs), risk acceptances, privacy reviews, risk event analysis, operational risk / loss management reporting, and related action plans.
* Risk Advisory - Review processes and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness and assist in implementing new procedures when required (ability to evaluate the general risks faced and the impact of those risks on the enterprise as a whole).
* Be a proactive, independent advisor to the assigned business, identifying business risk issues and recommending solutions.
* Ability to influence and manage without direct control hierarchy.
* Facilitation of end to end reviews and deep dives with business.
* Partners with leadership in driving open discussion of issues and control gaps.
* SOX oversight and compliance.
* Evaluate and monitor the impact of Industry changes, new and enhanced offerings along with JPM infrastructure change.
* Execution of the ORM framework in support of the Centralized Transaction Operations (CTO) strategy.
* Global responsibility for ensuring process & procedures are aligned at all times across our 4 processing sites.
* Build a strong working relationship with Audit, Compliance, and IT Risk Mgt.
* Generate and/or publish recurring risk reporting, i.e. Quarterly Scorecards, Action Plan updates.
* Ensure bank regulatory requirements are communicated and met by partnering with compliance.
* Assist Business with Continuity Plan / Disaster Recovery process and testing of plan.
* Coordinate Internal & External Audits and Exams for the unit.
* Analytical skills (root cause analysis, trend analysis, SIPOC, modeling desirable).
* Provide technical expertise in ORM Framework development and implementation, including policy, CSA, KRI, loss event database, and risk reporting
* Ability to drive behavioral change to resolve process and infrastructure weaknesses
* Provide subject matter expertise/training to other risk disciplines, business units, and corporate functions to support compliance with framework components
* Maintain alignment between ORM processes and practices with supporting technology
* Support & facilitate training sessions for assigned business units and/or corporate functions on the use of supporting technology (ex: Phoenix tool, RMM, etc.)
* Collaborate with assigned business unit and/or corporate functions to identify key risk indicators that enable risk profile monitoring and trend analysis against management's risk appetite and tolerance levels
* Provide oversight to ensure operational loss events at assigned business unit and/or corporate functions are captured and properly quantified, categorized and recorded in the operational loss database
* Support assigned business unit and/or corporate functions to ensure compliance with enterprise operational risk reporting requirements and establishment of local reporting practices
* Provide support and oversight in establishing remediation plans to resolve gaps in operational risk management practices at assigned business unit and/or corporate functions
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field
* MBA preferred but not required
* Seven to ten years in the financial services industry; including background in operational risk management, audit, compliance, or operations
* Good understanding of the business processes performed in the Line of Businesses
* Risk management experience and awareness either gathered through a Risk or Audit role, although would consider other relevant experience.
* Working knowledge of operational risk frameworks (e.g. CSA practices, loss event databases, KRIs) in a regulated environment (i.e. Ba