Title: Human Resource Generalist/Manager
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Human Resources Generalist/Manager opening to support our Cleveland Customer Experience Center (CXC) within the Consumer and Appliance Care Organization.
Day to Day (what a typical day or week look like in this role)
Today, you'll lead a workshop on employee engagement for your client group. Tomorrow, you might be working with a hiring manager to develop a sourcing strategy for an open role. You might also conduct training on development and growth with employees to discuss career paths and achieving goals. And, you may provide informal coaching throughout any given day to your client group, business partners or peers.
What You Will Do
At Whirlpool, our HR professionals play an integral role in ensuring that we continue to attract, develop and retain Top Talent. As a pivotal driver of HR practices, you will drive strategic HR initiatives while leveraging your generalist skill set to support your business partners in the key areas of Leadership, Talent Management, Employee Engagement, Organizational Effectiveness, Professional Development, Employee Relations, Succession planning, Compensation and Performance Management.
As a key player on the HR team, you will help administer HR initiatives which enable our client groups to deliver their strategic business objectives.
The ideal candidate for this position will work well with all levels of the organization and possess a strong desire to grow and aspire to higher levels within the Whirlpool Human Resources organization.
The Leader in this role must uphold the values of Whirlpool Corporation by demonstrating strong character and integrity as well as confidence in decisions and actions that balance the needs of the workforce and the company to drive business strategies that exceed consumer expectations.
In this position, you'll have the opportunity to:
* Act as a business partner with a progressive and dynamic business unit which has direct interaction and impact with Whirlpool's customers.
* Provide HR leadership and full generalist support for respective business partners managing a workforce ranging from 450 - 600 employees.
* Ensure consistent HR practices, strategy and program execution throughout all levels of organization.
* Act as a change agent to drive continuous improve methodologies throughout the organization.
* Analyze HR metrics to create and implement action plans that support business objectives.
* Maintain strong partnerships with on-site contract agencies to ensure superior contract talent.
* Consult with business partners to assess organizational needs and drive organizational design improvements with focus on the CXC's philosophies and establishing best practices.
* Champion a culture of employee engagement that continually improves performance levels and speed of execution.
* Proactively guide and coach leadership on best practices in talent selection and development, performance management, employee engagement and employee relations issues.
* Coordinate the implementation and results of performance management tools within the organization.
* Manage and drive talent pool activity through collaboration with business partners.
* Leverage HRIS systems and COE resources for flawless execution of the functional basics.
* Conduct training and communication meetings for managers and employees.
* Participate in special projects that will enable Whirlpool to better serve its employees around the world.
* Participate in learning sessions that will expand your HR knowledge in specific areas.
* Be the key interface for the employees who are part of the Cleveland Customer Experience Center.
What You Need To Succeed
* The successful candidate will have:
* Minimum of years of experience Human Resources experience.
* Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related business field plus 2 years HR experience.
* High energy, self-starting leadership capability to consistently deliver extraordinary results with a customer focused mentality.
* Exceptional communications (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills.
* Highly developed problem solving and analytical ability.
* Organizational skills and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Experience in robust, challenging performance management culture.
* Demonstrated ability and comfort in working with ambiguity, yet delivering tangible results and able to make decisions
* French/English Bilingual competency a plus.
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and