Title: Food and Beverage Operations Manager
Location: USA-FL-Miami-Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Are you ready to explore new challenges?
At Marriott we can make it happen - with opportunities for building new skills, co-workers who share your enthusiasm and clear career paths that offer experience for growth and promotion. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality professional or just beginning to plan your career, we invite you to discover Marriott.
TheMiami Marriott Biscayne Bay located at1633 North Bayshore Drive is currently hiring for aFOOD AND BEVERAGE OPERATIONS MANAGER . We are looking for an Experienced Food and Beverage Manager with hotel experience to manage our restaurant "Catch Grill and Bar"
Responsible for supervising food and beverage/culinary daily operations. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Ensures standards and legal obligations are followed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A background in hotels and strong restaurant knowledge
- Be able to think on their feet
- Previous experience managing a team and multiple outlets
- Superior Associate relations skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Wine knowledge and beverage pairings would be A
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations - Assists in the ordering of F&B supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
- Supervises daily F&B shift operation and ensures compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedures.
- Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program. - Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunction.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objective are met.
Leading Food and Beverage Team - Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Supervises and manages associates. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of associates. - Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
- Ensures all team members/ supervisors understand the brand specific philosophy.
- Assists supervisors in understanding team members ever changing needs and expectations, and how to exceed them.
- Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
- Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (including General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates.
- Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and passion for providing service.
- Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan. - Stays readily available/ approachable for all team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture. Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. - Sets a positive example for guest relations. - Stays readily available/ approachable for all guests.
- Reviews comment cards and GSS result with associates.
- Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request. Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with associates concerns.
- Understands, implements and trains team members on quality service delivery. Additional Responsibilities - Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Performs hourly job function if necessary. - Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times. - Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress report.
Education and Experience - High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area. OR - 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
Marriott is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.