Would you like to be responsible for the management and procurement of metal fabrication/machined parts, materials, and services, which can be in support of U.S. government contracts? Are you committed to excellence and continuous improvement?
The essential functions in this role include:
* Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select the best source for electronic components, mechanical components, electro-mechanical components and services related to both design and production requirements.
* Negotiate price, terms and conditions, and delivery schedules.
* Place purchase orders in accordance with division policies, procedures and government regulations.
* Source, evaluate and qualify new and existing suppliers, and monitor/evaluate their performance.
* Identify and direct supplier development and continuous process/cost improvements.
* Perform cost/price analysis for a variety of commodities and services.
* Work on company and department projects as requested.
* Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Business or Supply Chain is preferred, or equivalent education required.
* Knowledge of the electronics industry and machine fabricated components with at least 1-3 years of recent/relevant experience.
* Recent college graduates with Industrial or Mechanical Engineering degrees in lieu of experience are welcome to apply.
* Strong verbal aptitude, a "can do" attitude, a desire to build strong supplier relationships, and excellent writing skills.
* Able to read fabrication prints, drawings, and specifications.
* Able to travel up to 25%.
* Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office capabilities (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
* Process-oriented, with strong continuous improvement skills.
* This position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance.
* Preference may be given to candidates with experience in the aerospace and defense industry.
* Proficient negotiation skills and ability to interpret terms and conditions.
* Experience with an ERP system. Experience with Infor LN is a plus.
* Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) familiarity is highly desired.
* Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) is highly desired.
* Lean and/or Six Sigma experience preferred.
* APICS or purchasing certification preferred.
L3 Telemetry & RF Products, located in San Diego, is a full service manufacturer of state-of-the-art communication and telemetry solutions for space, airborne, terrestrial and maritime applications. Our integrated solutions combine latest-generation technologies and proven processes and are provided to defense, intelligence and government agencies, as well as international and commercial organizations. We partner with customers, industry and academia to develop innovations that reduce costs and improve performance.
We offer competitive benefits and an alternate Fridays off schedule. Do you have what it takes to be L3? If so, please apply now; we're anxious to hear from you!
For more information, visit our division's web site at: www.L3T.com/TRF.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.