Batten & Shaw is a full-service construction management firm. The expertise of the company is healthcare and commercial construction including complex multi-phased projects, renovations and expansions, and ground-up construction of new facilities.
We are fortunate to be working with some of the nation's leading healthcare companies and we believe this has been earned through hard work and a commitment to meeting the owners' needs.
Batten & Shaw is proud to be the contractor of choice with a 90% repeat rate of business. We have a firm commitment to provide the highest level of service in building construction that is noticeably different to the clients we serve.
Serves as project technical resource providing assistance as directed by their assigned Assistant Project Manager. Receives introduction to contract documents including subcontractor agreements and purchase orders. Assists in maintaining excellent project documentation.
* Directly supports an assigned project manager who provides day-to-day direction as well as mentorship and training
* Receives introduction to and then takes responsibility for maintaining contract documentation and contract documents
* Becomes proficient with shop drawings and submittal review/processing
* Becomes proficient in organization of file structures for projects
* Receives introduction to and then takes responsibility for maintaining project documentation on project platform
* Receives introduction to and learns cost coding and project estimates
* Receives introduction to and learns job cost reports
* Receives introduction to and learns project change management process
* Receives introduction to and learns the master project schedule
* Receives introduction to and learns about field operations and job site personnel including Batten & Shaw team, owners representatives, and design team
* Develops understanding of the contract documents at the field level
* Receives introduction to and then verifies project quality measures
* Receives introduction to and learns testing requirements including distribution of test reports
* Receives introduction to and then schedules inspections according to project requirements
* Facilitates minor issue resolution
* Documents job site meetings, issues, etc. accurately and timely
* Receives introduction to and participates in the oversight of safety requirements at the job site to ensure compliance with Batten & Shaw's safety policy
* Receives introduction to job scheduling and then assists Superintendent in sequencing job activities
Education and Experience:
* Completing Bachelor or Graduate Degree in Construction Sciences, Mechanical or Civil Engineering or equivalent combination of technical training and related experience
* 0-1 year commercial building construction experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Strong communication skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products
* Acts with integrity
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and to meet deadlines
* Ability to work independently and be resourceful in sourcing information
Internships/Co-Ops will be chosen by May of the Current year for the Fall Semester. October for January of following year, and March for May.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
View Company Information
To see other positions, click here.