ZS (www.zsassociates.com) is the world's largest consulting firm focused exclusively on improving business performance through sales and marketing consulting solutions, from customer insights and strategy to analytics, operations and technology. Together, we design and implement strategies that lead to greater market share, more competitive operations and increased use of today's latest technologies. From 22 offices worldwide, ZS professionals draw on deep industry and domain expertise to deliver impact where it matters for clients. We are particularly known for our expertise in the pharmaceutical and health care sectors, yet work across a range of industries.
ZS' Business Consulting group delivers solutions to a broad spectrum of sales and marketing challenges. We also help our clients transform their sales and marketing strategies and organizations to improve their effectiveness. Our recommendations and solutions are based in rigorous research and analysis underpinned by deep expertise and thought leadership across the demand generation process.
The Creative+Design Expertise Center will help ZS move from A+B to ABCD. ZS has focused since day one on Analytics and Business issues, but the Creative+Design EC aims to expand our ability to express ideas, concepts and emotions in ways that coherently bring together content and form. The C+DEC will partner with internal teams and clients to connect business and marketing strategy to execution. This team will create impact where it matters by expressing insights, strategies and executional ideas through creative platforms.
We seek an effective, experienced Strategic Planner to join our New York, NY office who can lead our clients in developing a vision, ideas, and roadmap for how to activate marketing strategies. The Strategic Planner will partner with internal teams and clients to conceive innovative methods to connect business and marketing strategy to execution. You will synthesize insights, strategies and executional ideas for clients, and work with our visual and experience designers to bring them to life.
- ŸDevelop and articulate relevant marketing implications from strategic consulting engagements across multiple projects simultaneously;
- Design, facilitate, and moderate client workshops, including positioning, segmentation, customer journey, and customer experience;
- Work with other consulting team members and design team to bring strategic and tactical recommendations to life for clients;
- Orchestrate the design process with visual designers and experience designers;
- Bring specific knowledge, skills and processes in strategic planning and train others on strategic planning best practices, including:
- Crafting customer personas from segmentation data and analysis,
- Mapping customer journey and ecosystem,
- Developing communication platforms aligned to segments and journey stages,
- Drafting creative and experience briefs;
- ŸDemonstrate thought leadership on new and innovative programs, tactics and customer experiences in the marketing world, both within and outside pharmaceuticals;
- ŸPartner with managers and principals to drive business development and client relationships;
- ŸServe as an active leader in the Expertise Center;
- ŸCultivate the marketing expertise of our people.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree welcomed;
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience in strategic planning for a branding firm or advertising agency, pharmaceutical industry experience necessary;
- ŸUnderstanding of account, creative, and operational agency processes;
- Ability to effectively partner with end clients, consultants and agency personnel across disciplines (i.e., marketing, sales, account and creative) to orchestrate effective pull-through strategies in the development of customer engagements/experiences;
- Deep understanding of strategic brand segmentation, targeting, positioning, customer journey and customer experience;
- Adept at distilling complex concepts and communicating a big idea;
- Ability to take business insights and strategies and conceive of innovative, relevant, and tangible activation ideas;
- Eagerness to build a new capability within a consulting organization;
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to guide construction of compelling visuals for presentations across a variety of contexts;
- Willingness to travel to meet client needs (Potentially 10-25%);
- Supervisory experience preferred.
ZS is a global consulting firm; fluency in English is required, additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a cover letter expressing interest and a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and 401k. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.