ZS (www.zsassociates.com) is the world's largest consulting firm focused exclusively on improving business performance through sales and marketing consulting solutions, from customer insights and strategy to analytics, operations and technology. Together, we design and implement strategies that lead to greater market share, more competitive operations and increased use of today's latest technologies. From 22 offices worldwide, ZS professionals draw on deep industry and domain expertise to deliver impact where it matters for clients. We are particularly known for our expertise in the pharmaceutical and health care sectors, yet work across a range of industries.
ZS' Corporate Support teams operate the firm's core internal enterprise functions. Our global teams comprise team-oriented, pragmatic and results-driven people who thrive in a challenging work environment. Our people come from diverse backgrounds, but share a passion for quality customer service and dedication-whether our customer is a client or another ZS employee.
Marketing and Communication exists to raise awareness of ZS Associates, brand the firm, create and distribute thought leadership content and support the business development process with communications and events support.
EVENT MARKETING ASSOCIATE
We seek an experienced marketing professional for an Events Marketing Associate role to join our Headquarters group in our Evanston, IL office. Reporting to the Demand Generation Manager, this role is responsible for assisting in the coordination of ZS-produced events, with a focus on client-specific events, as well as external sponsored events. This role requires basic event planning knowledge, including venue sourcing, food and beverage planning, audio visual / event production management, as well as project planning capabilities.
- Plan and execute ZS events, and act as main point of contact with ZS client teams for custom ZS events;
- Conduct venue searches, present venue recommendations to stakeholder team;
- Manage associated vendors, e.g. audio visual, transportation, related venues, etc.;
- Oversee requirements for rooms, facilities, food, materials, AV equipment and arrange with conference or venue as necessary;
- Manage and oversee event logistics on-site;
- Monitor event timelines and schedules for event deliverables;
- Organize all materials needed for events; including promotional materials, presentation decks, signage and related collateral, and ensure all materials are ready and submitted on schedule;
- Create website updates and manage on-line registration for in-house events using Cvent system;
- Coordinate material shipping and venue set up;
- Work with peers in marketing to plan promotional campaigns, update web site listings, coordinate social media activity, etc.
- Execute event wrap up process to capture relevant statistics and insights, and compile data for reports;
- Stay informed of best practices and trends in order to continually improve events strategy, management and tactics (read e-books and white papers, attend webinars, attend conferences).
- Bachelor's degree with strong academics;
- 2 - 4 years experience planning and managing business marketing events (i.e. conferences, trade shows, webinars);
- Knowledge of event planning essentials and best practices;
- Excellent marketing writing and communications skills;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects and meet deadlines;
- Experience working with senior business leaders and managing multiple stakeholders;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications, aptitude to learn event management technology and tools;
- Ability to travel 10%-20%, as needed.
ZS is a global consulting firm; fluency in English is required, additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a cover letter expressing interest and a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and 401k. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.