ZS Associates (http://www.zsassociates.com) is a global leader in marketing and sales consulting, outsourcing, technology and software. Since 1983, ZS has helped companies get the most out of their marketing and sales organizations. From 22 offices around the world, ZS experts use analytics and deep expertise to help companies across a range of industries (primarily pharmaceuticals and biotech, high tech/telecommunication, financial services, medical products/services, transportation and consumer packaged goods and energy) make smart decisions quickly and cost effectively.
ZS Associates' Business Technology group focuses on strategizing, designing and building marketing and sales technology solutions to improve commercial effectiveness. The types of solutions include enterprise information management, reporting, analytics, CRM/SFA and business process automation enablement. We provide a complete spectrum of business technology solutions, from strategy and roadmap definition to full implementation and on-going operations. Our team possesses deep expertise in leading analytic, business intelligence, CRM and system integration technologies, which we apply in a pragmatic fashion to create and deliver optimal architecture and implementation solutions.
This role will have responsibility to develop services and offerings, lead business development work with clients to deliver professional services, and manage client engagements. The concentration will be on developing and delivering strategic relations with CIO and direct reports, Strategic Sourcing and to develop Technology Solutions to transform the Sales and Marketing organization. The person in this role will be responsible for building the life sciences practice by generating new business opportunities and building trusted advisory relationships with key stake holders in the pharmaceutical and medical device clients. They will need to fully understand the company and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients by developing solutions and offerings relevant to their client base. The goal is to develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks and to develop and leverage relationships with team members across all the practices to serve client needs. The successful candidate will work closely with ZS leadership grow the practice by identifying and building new customer relationships and building trusted advisory relationships with executives at the company's largest pharmaceutical and medical device accounts.
- Lead large scale client business development and delivery engagements in the Life Sciences Industry - Pharmaceutical and/or Medical Devices sector
- Consistently deliver quality client services and drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget.
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
- Effectively lead and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds.
- Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members.
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment.
- Play an active role in counseling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization.
- Demonstrate deep life sciences industry sector knowledge with a functional expertise in sales and marketing operations.
- Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate new knowledge.
- Possess in depth business acumen.
- Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Business or Life Sciences
- MBA or Advanced Degree is highly desirable
- 10+ years' experience in life science industry management consulting
- 5+ years' experience in a leadership role within a professional services firm
- Demonstrated experience with driving revenue within existing clients and in developing new prospects at the "C" level of Pharmaceutical and Medical Device companies.
- Prior experience in Analytics, Digital Asset Management, Master Data Management and Data Warehousing
- Strong credentials and demonstrated success in IT strategy and Enterprise Architecture
- Deep knowledge and understanding of BI/DW technologies and solutions
- Characteristics of a forward thinker and self-starter that thrives on new challenges and adapts quickly to learning new knowledge
- Ability to lead a virtual team of consulting professionals across multiple projects
- A high level of motivation and self-starting attitude
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A strong work ethic
- A willingness to travel to meet client needs
- Executive-level presence and communication
ZS is a global consulting firm; English fluency is required, additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is highly desired.
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a cover letter expressing interest and a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS Associates offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and retirement benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.