Who are we?
Trulia was founded in 2005 with the simple idea of making it easier for people to find a home. Today, this remains the core mission of the company, inspiring us to solve big problems and do great work. Trulia is an important part of Zillow Group, which houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands.
Trulia’s unique position within Zillow Group provides advantages for engineers who want to make a big impact. We operate like a start-up within a large organization, with the mandate to innovate and build cool, consumer-facing products, while enjoying the benefits and resources that Zillow Group offers. Our engineers are allowed to focus on building products that make it easy and enjoyable to find a place to live, for millions of people.
Solid Java programmer who has production-level hands-on experience on Hadoop MapReduce and HBase or Cassandra database.
Examples of previous project experience we are looking for
- Ingested large amount of raw data (web logs, web pages, data feeds)
- Run Hadoop map reduce jobs to parse them and process them. (simple reporting, machine learning)
- Loaded the outcome to NoSQL database (HBase / Cassandra) and served them to other applications (live website traffic, other internal tools)
Technologies that are a must
- Strong experience with Java programming language
- Batch processing -- Hadoop MapReduce
- Stream processing -- Apache Storm
- NoSQL -- HBase, Cassandra
- Restful web services -- Spring boot, Jackson
- Code/Build/Deployment -- Git, Maven, Jenkins
Technologies that would get our attention…
- Programming languages: Python, Scala, Shell scripting
- Batch Processing: Cascading/Scalding, Apache Spark
- Stream processing -- AKKA, Samza, Spark streaming
- NoSQL -- MongoDB, Riak
- Restful web services -- DropWizard, Jersey, GSON
- Code/Build/Deployment -- hg, svn, sbt, bamboo
Why work here?
Trulia’s culture is one of the company’s biggest strengths. At Trulia people treat each other with respect and compassion, together fostering a culture of collaboration, learning, accountability and fun. There’s a commitment to understanding the whole person, helping to create a collegial, trust-driven environment.
Trulia’s growth and success as a company is a result of its culture of innovation.
Many ideas are created organically, during day-to-day work, and our engineers have a process for capturing them in a central system and vetting them as a team. One of the most popular institutions within the company is Innovation Week, a company-wide week devoted to experimenting with new ideas each quarter.
During Innovation Week, any employee can pitch to the larger team their ideas and recruit people to build it. Dozens of products, services, ideas and features have come to life as a result of Innovation Week.
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401K Match every Pay Period
- DTO (Discretionary Time Off) - Take time when you need it!
- $75/month gym reimbursement - Go work it out!
- Weekly happy hours - Cheers!
- Dog friendly office – Adopt a new friend and bring him/her to work!
- All expenses paid trip to Seattle for the company Christmas party (with +1!)
- All company trip every summer to an exciting local destination!
- Up to $500 in commuter benefits per month
- Ping pong, shuffleboard, espresso machine + kegs on tap 24/7
- Mind, body, spirit day – take a full day off to press the reset button! All employees take this day to enjoy Trulia sponsored fitness events (hiking, biking, Soul Cycle, boot camp), healthy food, massages!