If you obsess over server response times, craft perfect bash scripts, and think that your preferred Linux distribution is the best tool for the job, we think you’d love to work with us!
Be part of a focused, talented team that is creating fast, beautiful, and innovative tools to change how people buy and rent homes. We are a technology-driven group who constantly strives to use the best engineering tools available to build a cutting edge product.
What’s in it for you
- Visibility: StreetEasy is the number one online real estate brand in NYC with more than 1 million monthly unique users and it's only getting bigger
- Small team = big impact
- Best of both worlds; start-up environment, big company resources
What you’ll do
- Optimize our stack for performance and fault tolerance
- Build out logging and monitoring systems to identify bottlenecks and assist with debugging, analysis, and optimization
- Design and implement security policies across the stack
- Experiment with and recommend new technologies to accomplish any of the above goals
What you have
- Strong familiarity with the features and challenges of utilizing Amazon Web Services
- Experience administering Linux servers (CentOS in particular)
- Strong familiarity with MySQL configuration, optimization, master slave replication, and backup
- Automation experience (Chef or Puppet or similar)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Travis CI, Jenkins, or similar)
- Experience setting up logging and monitoring for web servers and related services
- Ability to design, test, and ultimately implement a disaster recovery plan
- 3+ years' experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in software engineering, computer science, or computer & information systems
Zillow is a home and real estate marketplace dedicated to helping homeowners, buyers, sellers, renters, real estate agents, mortgage professionals, landlords and property managers find and share vital information about homes, real estate and mortgages.