Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
Xcel Energy is looking for talented and experienced Mechanic B to join the Xcel Energy team at our Lipan Distribution Center in Denver, Colorado!
The company reserves the right to close this posting at any time.
As a Fleet Mechanic B, you will be responsible to inspect, service, repair and maintain vehicles, trailers, aerials and other power operated equipment. Work will be performed primarily in company service garages as well as occasional job site field work. Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision and be highly motivated, customer service driven, detail oriented and quality focused. Position will involve frequent lifting in excess of 50 pounds, as well as prolonged standing. The ability to inspect, service and diagnose as well as properly make minor and major repairs to electrical, hydraulic, air conditioning, gasoline and diesel systems are key success factors for this position.
- Successful applicant must have a High School Diploma or GED and meet the following criteria:
- A technical, vocational or trade school diploma, or degree in automotive truck and/or heavy equipment service repair and maintenance.
- A minimum of 2 years verifiable experience in the automotive/truck field is required.
- Successful applicant must meet all requirements of FMCSR Parts 382 and 391 including the possession of a Commercial Driver's License (CDL Class A).
- Applicant must hold 6 current Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Automotive or Truck certifications.
- Applicant must have the ability to read and understand the English language, perform basic mathematics and possess basic computer skills.
- Successful applicant must furnish standard and metric tools in accordance with the fleet department's required tool list.
- A high level of safety awareness with a demonstrated commitment to working safely at all times is required.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will calibrate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Grand Junction || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Operations || 44060:Fleet Maintenance CO Metro || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 2086
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com