Location(s): SD - Sioux Falls
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
Xcel Energy is looking for talented Utility Worker B to join the Xcel Energy team at the Sioux Falls Service Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota!
The company reserves the right to close this posting at any time.
The Utility Worker B will be a working position. The Utility Worker B will install electric new business infrastructure including electric cable, telecommunications, ground grids, pads, transformers, pedestals, street lights, etc. Duties may include manhole & ductwork, dig and lay service laterals, ground thawing, equipment delivery, hauling dirt, etc. Operate all equipment required for the installation Electric facilities e.g. backhoes, trenchers, pole trucks, pole diggers, forklifts, boom trucks and bucket trucks for street light installation (in conjunction with projects). May be required to augment line crews. This classification will be able to work any of the duties of the Utility Worker A, and/or Utility Worker C.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Must meet driver qualification requirements as specified in FMCSR Parts 382 and 391 including the possession of a valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL) Class A.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Must have the ability to direct the work activities of the other workers.
5. Must be self-motivated and possess a positive attitude.
6. Demonstrated commitment to work productively and safely.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will calibrate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: SD - Sioux Falls || SD - Sioux Falls || United States (US) || Operations || 1411C:Elec Ops Sioux Fall || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 1601
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org