WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, a world-class multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, is seeking a Electrical Designer for our Arlington office. We work closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out. WSP offers excellent growth opportunities: Many of our senior leaders started out as young engineers in our firm.
* Work within multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners.
* Service utility coordination
* Power distribution
* Fire alarm
* Low voltage infrastructure
* Emergency power systems
* UPS design
* Construction Administration
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
* 0-2 years of experience designing electrical systems for the built environment
* Previous building design internship experience preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
* Knowledge of building and energy codes.
* Interest in innovative design, specifically in renewable energies and sustainable, high performing buildings.
* EIT License or LEED AP certification is a plus.
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,500 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. wsp-pb.com/usa
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
WSP Group plc is an international business supplying specialist management and integrated services in the built and natural environment. The primary segments of business include Property, Transport & Infrastructure and Environmental & Energy. WSP Property is in structural, building services design and associated engineering for all types of buildings. WSP Transport & Infrastructure provides design engineering for roads, rail, marine, bridges, tunnels and utility services. WSP Environmental & Energy is a global business providing a range of green services with particular emphasis on sustainability. In September 2007, it acquired Worthington-Smith & Brouwer Limited, based in South Africa. In October 2007, the Company acquired Chas. H. Sells, Inc., CBP Consulting Engineers AG, and SEi Group. In November 2007, it acquired CEL International Limited.