WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. wsp-pb.com/usa
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff has an immediate opening for a junior level Traffic Engineer I to join the growing office in Atlanta, Ga.
The successful candidate will help grow our Traffic Engineering practice, including traffic analysis, studies and ITS/Traffic Engineering design. Position will report to Senior Traffic Engineer and assist Project Managers and Project Engineers on analysis and design tasks.
* Assisting senior engineers with GDOT ITS/Signal Design and Operational Improvement projects, City of Atlanta signal optimization projects as well as traffic engienering projects for local governments and CIDs
* Candidate may work on design-build or other traffic engineering projects out of state
* Minimum years experience required: 0-2 years
* Specify education or degree(s) required; B.S. in Civil Engineering or related field (Masters preferred)
* Specify certifications required, i.e. P.E., AIA. etc.: Engineering Intern (EI)
* Specific listing of project type experience. For example, "DOT experience" or "Bascule Bridge experience required" for structural, etc.: Transportation engineering intern/co-op experience preferred
* Technical experience required: Microstation CAD experience preferred, knowledge of traffic engineering software (HCS, Synchro) preferred
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
WSP Group plc is an international business supplying specialist management and integrated services in the built and natural environment. The primary segments of business include Property, Transport & Infrastructure and Environmental & Energy. WSP Property is in structural, building services design and associated engineering for all types of buildings. WSP Transport & Infrastructure provides design engineering for roads, rail, marine, bridges, tunnels and utility services. WSP Environmental & Energy is a global business providing a range of green services with particular emphasis on sustainability. In September 2007, it acquired Worthington-Smith & Brouwer Limited, based in South Africa. In October 2007, the Company acquired Chas. H. Sells, Inc., CBP Consulting Engineers AG, and SEi Group. In November 2007, it acquired CEL International Limited.