WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. wsp-pb.com/usa
WSP | PB is seeking an outstanding student to participate in a Traffic Engineering internship from May 2017-August 2017 housed in our Atlanta, Ga office.
Responsibilities will include:
* Performing basic calculations
* Preparing materials for presentations or client meetings
* Gathering information on clients, and prospective clients' projects
* Assisting in analyzing data
* Performing field traffic counts and data inventories
* Assisting in requests for information, drafting correspondence
* Other duties as assigned
* Students must be actively enrolled in their third or fourth year of study towards a BS degree within an accredited college/university in Engineering
* Prior civil engineering internships are desirable
* A working knowledge of engineering design and practices, relevant state of the art computer program experience and excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Local candidates only
* Candidates must have a valid driver's license and be immediately authorized to work in the US
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
WSP Group plc is an international business supplying specialist management and integrated services in the built and natural environment. The primary segments of business include Property, Transport & Infrastructure and Environmental & Energy. WSP Property is in structural, building services design and associated engineering for all types of buildings. WSP Transport & Infrastructure provides design engineering for roads, rail, marine, bridges, tunnels and utility services. WSP Environmental & Energy is a global business providing a range of green services with particular emphasis on sustainability. In September 2007, it acquired Worthington-Smith & Brouwer Limited, based in South Africa. In October 2007, the Company acquired Chas. H. Sells, Inc., CBP Consulting Engineers AG, and SEi Group. In November 2007, it acquired CEL International Limited.