Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they're our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We're looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a "Most Admired Company" and four times as a "100 Best Companies to Work For."
The Maintenance role must have the ability to troubleshoot basic mechanical problems in an efficient and safe manner throughout the facility. This position is responsible for primarily preventative and mechanical maintenance and must possess basic knowledge of machine repair. A successful candidate is self-motivated problem-solver that utilizes a strong work ethic to ensure all quality levels are met.
- Complete mechanical repairs and makes adjustments as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all machinery as assigned.
- Successfully troubleshoot mechanical problems.
- Complete welding and fabrication tasks with little direction.
- Accountable for entering data into maintenance system timely and accurately.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Perform basic electricity in order to work in maintenance field safely.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing and code books
- Advanced mechanical, welding and cutting skills
- Capable of reading electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic prints
- Good problem solving skills, safety practices and attention to quality
- Advanced workbench and computer skills
- Advanced knowledge/experience with AC/DC motor drives, PLC and SLC controllers and motor control circuits
- Two year Associate Degree in Electrical/Electronics or equivalent experience
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status.