WorkForce Software is ranked as a "Top Workplace" by the Detroit Free Press, and a "Cool Place to Work" by Crain's Detroit Business. You will enjoy a generous benefits package including health insurance, four weeks paid time off in the first year of employment, discounts on your gym membership, and much more!
At WorkForce Software no two projects are the same. Our clients represent virtually every industry including private sector, non-profit, and governmental organizations, including some of the world's largest and most respected organizations. We are looking for a dynamic individual interested in owning a high value, client-facing role requiring you to tackle new challenges with creative solutions every day.
The Implementation Consultant will work to deliver one of our leading WorkForce management suites, in a way that solves the distinct business challenges of each client. The Implementation Consultant will help to lead implementation projects by documenting business requirements and providing best practice recommendations for applying our technology solutions. This position reports to the Implementation Consulting Practice Manager.
- Interview and research clients' needs and communicate information to project team.
- Draft, edit and validate requirements document.
- Serve as main point of contact during implementation process.
- Lead client meetings to determine deadlines, resolve concerns and provide updates.
- Partner with application consultants during configuration and testing to resolve client concerns.
- Educate clients on the best practices in deployment and implementation of our software.
- Conduct web-based and on-site customer solution training workshops or software support, by request.
- Assist clients with software testing along with roll out and go-live activities such as data loads and system initialization.
- Learn aspects of labor laws and how they affect employers and their employees.
- Attend internal product seminars and complete online training to remain up to date on WFS products and services.
- Travel 25-50% (occasionally up to 75%).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in a consulting role.
- 5+ years of experience as a business analyst or other functional lead interviewing clients and documenting requirements.
- Background in HR, Payroll, or Time & Attendance preferred.
- Logical and technical mindset that is able to analyze problems and identify root causes.
- Experience conducting technology training sessions.
- Experience in implementing or training on a software system.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with business applications and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must work well as a team member or individually.
- Work with multiple clients concurrently.
- Experience in writing and executing software test plans preferred.