Responsibilities Benefits Supplemental Questions
* Teach biochemistry-related lectures and labs for science and non-science majors. The incumbent would be expected to teach courses that would include, but are not limited to CHEM 190, Forensic Chemistry, CHEM 210, General, Organic and Biochemistry, CHEM 212/213, Principles of Chemistry I & II, CHEM 375, Clinical Biochemistry, CHEM 405/407, Biochemistry I & II, CHEM 406/408, Biochemistry I & II Laboratories.
* Instruct courses in varied locations, at varied times, and via various media commensurate with department and university needs.
* Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement to enhance knowledge of field.
* Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study in the field to enhance teaching abilities.
* Contribute to student growth and development including student advising.
* Support Winona State University's mission to enhance the intellectual, social, cultural and economic vitality of the people and communities we serve by providing assistance and service to the program, department, college, university and greater community. Serve on department, college, university and community committees.
* Potential to teach other courses in area of specialty
* Minimum of ten scheduled office hours per week
Minimum Qualifications:-Earned doctorate in Biochemistry by 8/11/17 with extensive training and experience in chemistry OR earned doctorate in Chemistry by 8/11/17 with extensive training and experience in biochemistry OR an interdisciplinary Ph.D. in Chemistry or Biochemistry by 8/11/17 with extensive training and experience in biochemistry or chemistry.
* Demonstrated commitment to quality teaching in chemistry
* Potential to direct undergraduate research
Preferred Qualifications:-Skills/ability to design and integrate technology for enhanced learning and teaching.
* Ability to work harmoniously with faculty, students, and staff
* Evidence of effective oral and written English communication skills
* Experience with modern technology and instrumentation
* College level teaching experience.
Additional Information:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled; Review begins immediately
APPLICATION MATERIALS: In addition to completing the online application, please attach the following to your application: 1) A cover letter addressing how you meet the responsibilities and qualifications; 2) Resume/CV; 3) Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate); 4) a list of at least 3 references, with addresses and telephone numbers; and (4) at least three letters of reference. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact Lori Mikl, Director of Affirmative Action/Equity & Legal Affairs, Winona State University at firstname.lastname@example.org or (507) 457-2766.
APPOINTMENT DATE: August 14, 2017
RANK: Assistant Professor
SALARY: Commensurate w/ Experience
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Probationary/Tenure-Track (9 month appointment)
POSITION AVAILABLE PENDING BUDGETARY APPROVAL.
NOTE: Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement between the Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) and the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html.
1.In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business, whether using a personal, rental or state vehicle, shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
2.Persons writing letters of reference should be advised of Minnesota's open record law which can make such letters available to applicants upon request.
A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System. An equal opportunity educator and employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.