Requisition Number: WE-8144
Area of Interest: Creative Services
Brand/Division: West Elm
Position Type: Full-time
Graphic Designer - Digital Strategy + UX - West Elm
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
West Elm - Who we are
Born in Brooklyn. At home in the world. west elm has been helping customers express their personal style at home since the launch of our first catalog in 2002. Our home base is nestled down under the Manhattan Bridge in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY, right above our flagship store. We are a dynamic, fast-paced brand with an exciting growth strategy. We value imagination, diversity and giving people the opportunity to explore, grow and shape our future. We look for innovative, smart and hard-working individuals who enjoy creative thinking and ingenuity. Help us carry out our mission of being a source of inspiration to our customers, creating a global community and tirelessly seeking ways to evolve our brand.
This role is responsible for driving both iterative and innovative design on westelm.com. You will think critically about what our customer needs to make confident, considered purchases online. In close collaboration with cross-functional partners, you will turn ideas and concepts into modern designs that will further optimize the customer experience across all digital channels.
* Understands industry trends and proactively contributes new and fresh ideas that will improve the overall customer experience and drive conversion
* Collaborate with SF-based IT and UX teams to refine wireframe schematics and provide design comps and/or direction to represent brand identity for governance roadmap projects
* Develop progressive proof-of-concept designs and present to cross-functional and cross-brand partners to gain buy-in for execution
* Partner with E-commerce Directors to better understand business goals and challenges, and work with our analytics and SEO teams to ensure design decisions are data-driven and have established performance metrics to measure success, where possible
* Brainstorm and work with other creative partners to write briefs for new and evolving projects
* Establish brand design templates and standards to be used by larger digital design team, e-commerce operations, e-marketing, and front-end developer teams
* Provide design feedback during development and QA project cycles
* Execute all design concepts and deliverables according to established timelines with minimal supervision
* Special projects as needed -- may include but not limited to executive keynotes/presentations, marketing site strategies, redesigns, etc
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 2 -- 4 years experience designing for web and digital media, a portfolio of retail-focused work is a plus
* Knowledge of UX best practices and modern UIs
* Strong understanding of user experience best practices and modern user interfaces
* Expert proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and/or any other design tools
* Excellent communication skills to express ideas effectively to various levels of the organization in different locations/time zones
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Global Business Acumen -- Understand the complexity of business on a global scale. Embrace cultural and individual differences with empathy. Work with the nuances of specific local cultures to make informed decisions.
Strategic and Analytical Capability -- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
Leading Teams -- Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
Drive for Results -- Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Effective Communication -- Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, board members, external partners and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
Influence and Collaboration -- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Williams-Sonoma Inc.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a specialty retailer of products for the home. The retail segment of the Company’s business sells its products through five retail store concepts: Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, West Elm and Williams-Sonoma Home. The direct-to-customer segment of the Company’s business sells similar products through its seven direct-mail catalogs and through six e-commerce Websites. The Company’s Williams-Sonoma stores offer a selection of culinary and serving equipment, including cookware, cookbooks, cutlery, informal dinnerware, glassware, table linens, specialty foods and cooking ingredients. The Company has two segments: retail and direct-to-customer. The catalogs reach customers in the United States, while the five retail concepts, as of February 1, 2009, operated 627 stores in 44 states.