Requisition Number: WS-7750
Area of Interest: Visual Merchandising
Position Type: Full-time
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier retailer of home furnishings, culinary and serving equipment, and specialty foods and cooking ingredients in the United States and Canada. Our brands, including Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Teen, Pottery Barn Kids, West Elm and Williams-Sonoma Home, are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels - retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet. Among all of our brands, we cover every room in the house: from the kitchen to the living room, bedroom, home office, and even the hall closet.
* Produce feature, markdown and update signage, any special sign requests and price changes as needed to all stores.
* Produce perimeter signage as needed for all stores.
* Coordinate production of in store collateral and work with outside vendors in determining individual store needs.
* Create new store signage as needed based on signage standards.
* Coordinate and schedule proofing phases with Graphics Manager, merchant and content teams.
* Coordinate and send files to print vendors for fulfillment
* Maintain signage filing systems Generate/Produce visual updates and memos.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* 2-3 years producing printed materials
* Time management skills in a extremely fast-paced, high volume environment
* Excellent organizational skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Extremely proficient on Mac OSX with Adobe InDesign. Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
* Outstanding attention to detail is a must.
* Global Business Acumen - Understand the complexity of business on a global scale. Embrace cultural and individual differences with empathy. Work with the nuances of specific local cultures to make informed decisions.
* Strategic and Analytical Capability -- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
* Leading Teams -- Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
* Drive for Results -- Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
* Effective Communication -- Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, board members, external partners and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
* Influence and Collaboration -- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Williams-Sonoma Inc.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a specialty retailer of products for the home. The retail segment of the Company’s business sells its products through five retail store concepts: Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, West Elm and Williams-Sonoma Home. The direct-to-customer segment of the Company’s business sells similar products through its seven direct-mail catalogs and through six e-commerce Websites. The Company’s Williams-Sonoma stores offer a selection of culinary and serving equipment, including cookware, cookbooks, cutlery, informal dinnerware, glassware, table linens, specialty foods and cooking ingredients. The Company has two segments: retail and direct-to-customer. The catalogs reach customers in the United States, while the five retail concepts, as of February 1, 2009, operated 627 stores in 44 states.