Requisition Number: SS-7823
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Division: Corporate Shared Service
Position Type: Full Time
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
The Infrastructure Architect is responsible for working with WSI Senior Engineers to define Infrastructure Architecture, including Policies, Standards and Procedures used by Implementation and Support/Operations teams. Work with Design and Engineering team to define the following:
- Reference Architecture Library
- Capacity Planning Program
- Proven strong ability to see the 'big picture' and able to implement strategies that align tasks/people/requirements for success in meeting the department goals
- Provide training and mentoring to the Infrastructure team members.
- Provide support for tier 4 engineering escalations
- Gather and analyze project requirements, design and implement multi-layer infrastructure architecture components
- Develop configuration and implementation instructions for routine deployments and daily tasks.
- Complete Build-To and As-Built documentation for current and new network, server and storage related design concepts and deployments
- Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to internal Business and Project Stakeholders.
- Technical Competencies Required:
- Complete understanding of UNIX/Linux Operating Systems, Virtualization platforms including VMware, Cloud Computing, Object Storage and Storage Gateway protocols including Block, CIFS and NAS, Configuration Management tools (Puppet)
- Hardware Platforms: HP, Nutanix, NetApp, IBM, Brocade and emerging technologies.
- Must demonstrate strong information organization and presentation skills, including to senior management and large audiences
- Demonstrable and consistent history of successful project engagements on an enterprise scale, preferably in the retail industry
- Must work well in a fast paced collaborative environment
- Familiarization with cloud/storage technologies.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered)
- 10+ years of Core Server and Storage Experience including Data Center, Cloud Engineering, Monitoring, Infrastructure & Config Management and Scripting
- Expert skill in diagnosing, solving complex problems and providing detailed technical analysis
- Superior oral and written communication skills. Ability to exhibit a commanding presence when necessary
- Superior computer skills including in common business applications such as MS Visio.
- Knowledge of theory and principles of project management
Global Business Acumen - Understand the complexity of business on a global scale. Embrace cultural and individual differences with empathy. Work with the nuances of specific local cultures to make informed decisions.
Strategic and Analytical Capability -- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
Leading Teams -- Attracts, develops and motivates the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
Drive for Results -- Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Effective Communication -- Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, board members, external partners and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
Influence and Collaboration -- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Williams-Sonoma Inc.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a specialty retailer of products for the home. The retail segment of the Company’s business sells its products through five retail store concepts: Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, West Elm and Williams-Sonoma Home. The direct-to-customer segment of the Company’s business sells similar products through its seven direct-mail catalogs and through six e-commerce Websites. The Company’s Williams-Sonoma stores offer a selection of culinary and serving equipment, including cookware, cookbooks, cutlery, informal dinnerware, glassware, table linens, specialty foods and cooking ingredients. The Company has two segments: retail and direct-to-customer. The catalogs reach customers in the United States, while the five retail concepts, as of February 1, 2009, operated 627 stores in 44 states.