Requisition Number: PK-7816
Area of Interest: Retail
Division: Retail Pottery Barn Kids
Position Type: Part Time
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Provide customers with a unique shopping experience by offering excellent customer service. Meet or exceed personal sales goals, utilizing effective selling techniques and design expertise during in-store and in-home consultations.
* Utilize design expertise to assist clients in one on one consultations in the store and in-home regarding the design of their living spaces to drive store sales.
* Perform productive in home consultations including the ability to accurately measure and assess the client's living space.
* Engage the clients in a professional and personable way that demonstrates your personal passion for the product.
* Maintain a professional appearance that represents the Pottery Barn brand.
* Create and present design plans based on client's needs, style, preferences and living space.
* Follow through on product arrivals and set up with each client to ensure a seamless experience.
* Demonstrate excellent clienteling skills including following up with clients regarding promotions, new product arrivals etc.
* Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions in order to achieve and exceed established sales and productivity goals.
* Utilizing exemplary World class service standards assist customers with special services including: gift wrap, gift registry, locating merchandise, catalog/internet orders, special orders, back orders, charge sends, courier deliveries, and furniture orders.
* Demonstrate superior product knowledge, including features and benefits of the entire design studio assortment.
* Efficiently and accurately perform register transactions i.e., sales, returns, and exchanges.
* Assist in implementation and maintenance of visual merchandise presentation, signage and lighting.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
* 1-2 years retail sales experience, (specialty retail preferred, but not required.)
* 1-2 years customer service experience.
* Strong communication skills.
* Strong clienteling and customer follow-up skills.
* Ability to complete and coordinate complex large orders within a variety of sales channels.
* Ability to think proactively to anticipate client's needs.
* Experience in working with the six elements of design preferred.
* Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Global Business Acumen - Understand the complexity of business on a global scale. Embrace cultural and individual differences with empathy. Work with the nuances of specific local cultures to make informed decisions.
Strategic and Analytical Capability -- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
Leading Teams -- Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
Drive for Results -- Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Effective Communication -- Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, board members, external partners and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
Influence and Collaboration -- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company.
About Williams-Sonoma Inc.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a specialty retailer of products for the home. The retail segment of the Company’s business sells its products through five retail store concepts: Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, West Elm and Williams-Sonoma Home. The direct-to-customer segment of the Company’s business sells similar products through its seven direct-mail catalogs and through six e-commerce Websites. The Company’s Williams-Sonoma stores offer a selection of culinary and serving equipment, including cookware, cookbooks, cutlery, informal dinnerware, glassware, table linens, specialty foods and cooking ingredients. The Company has two segments: retail and direct-to-customer. The catalogs reach customers in the United States, while the five retail concepts, as of February 1, 2009, operated 627 stores in 44 states.