Requisition Number: RJ-7685
Area of Interest: Retail
Division: Retail Rejuvenation
Position Type: Full Time
Job Purpose: Support the management team, delivering store results through sales floor leadership and completion of visual and operational functions. Drive execution by delegating daily floor activities, problem-solving and adjusting priorities to ensure completion. Build teamwork by encouraging associates to identify ideas and improvement opportunities to drive store results.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Set the pace on sales floor and model desired behaviors to generate sales and build loyal customer relationships.
* Take ownership for delivering exceptional customer service, using all available resources to provide a complete solution.
* Communicate and hold self and team accountable for achieving daily goals for sales, productivity and business development.
* Train and motivate associates to improve selling and service performance through on-boarding and ongoing sales, customer service and product knowledge skill building activities.
* Prepare associates for increased levels of responsibility, using
* Division of Responsibility' assignments to development sales and operational skills.
* Maximize team and individual performance through consistent coaching and feedback using performance management processes.
* Build positive working relationships with store management team to clarify priorities, share business insight and best practices.
* Contribute in management and store meetings, offering suggestions for associate development, and operational improvements.
* Communicate openly to create an environment where associates aretreated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy.
* Perform operations functions ensuring Company standards and policies are met for store opening and closing, cash and media handling, back office management procedures.
* Maintain and execute visual and merchandise standards including merchandise presentation, merchandise management and store maintenance.
* Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store policies and procedures are met including; workplace safety, risk management, merchandise management, and loss prevention, in the absence of Associate or General Manager.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
* College degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
* 1-3 years specialty retail sales experience.
* Prior supervisory experience preferred.
* 1-2 years experience in stockroom or visual merchandisingcoordination preferred.
* Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and POS systems.
* Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
* Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lb., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States, Canada and Australia. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels - retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship or relocation.
About Williams-Sonoma Inc.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a specialty retailer of products for the home. The retail segment of the Company’s business sells its products through five retail store concepts: Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, West Elm and Williams-Sonoma Home. The direct-to-customer segment of the Company’s business sells similar products through its seven direct-mail catalogs and through six e-commerce Websites. The Company’s Williams-Sonoma stores offer a selection of culinary and serving equipment, including cookware, cookbooks, cutlery, informal dinnerware, glassware, table linens, specialty foods and cooking ingredients. The Company has two segments: retail and direct-to-customer. The catalogs reach customers in the United States, while the five retail concepts, as of February 1, 2009, operated 627 stores in 44 states.