Requisition Number: WE-7676
Area of Interest: Product Development - Design
Division: Corporate West Elm
Position Type: Full Time
Designer, Furniture - West Elm
Who we are:
Born in Brooklyn. At home in the world. west elm has been helping customers express their personal style at home since the launch of our first catalog in 2002. Our home base is nestled down under the Manhattan Bridge in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY, right above our flagship store. We are a dynamic, fast-paced brand with an exciting growth strategy. We value imagination, diversity and giving people the opportunity to explore, grow and shape our future. We look for innovative, smart and hard-working individuals who enjoy creative thinking and ingenuity. Help us carry out our mission of being a source of inspiration to our customers, creating a global community and tirelessly seeking ways to evolve our brand.
- Translate trends into concepts that respond to business needs (e.g., price points, geographic considerations) for the relevant product category.
- Develop SKU-level designs from conception through revisions to sample approval. Present to Head Designer for review and approval.
- Create presentation boards.
- May present products and concepts to Merchandising.
- Gather market data on key fashion trends considering such elements as fabrication, materials, color schemes and designs.
- Identify ideas to be developed.
- Tracks department samples and ensures all samples are approved in a timely manner.
- Love to work collaboratively in a group, you have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team
- Are driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead
- Are a true business owner; comfortable with decision making and calculated risk taking for the benefit of your business
- Think innovation is critical in a business environment and support others in creative thinking
- Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details
- Naturally challenge yourself and others to grow
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 4 years product design experience.
- Degree in Design or equivalent experience.
- Design Skills, Creative and Inspirational thinker, Deadline driven.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
About Williams-Sonoma Inc.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a specialty retailer of products for the home. The retail segment of the Company’s business sells its products through five retail store concepts: Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, West Elm and Williams-Sonoma Home. The direct-to-customer segment of the Company’s business sells similar products through its seven direct-mail catalogs and through six e-commerce Websites. The Company’s Williams-Sonoma stores offer a selection of culinary and serving equipment, including cookware, cookbooks, cutlery, informal dinnerware, glassware, table linens, specialty foods and cooking ingredients. The Company has two segments: retail and direct-to-customer. The catalogs reach customers in the United States, while the five retail concepts, as of February 1, 2009, operated 627 stores in 44 states.