Requisition Number: WS-7088
Area of Interest: Product Development - Design
Division: Corporate Williams-Sonoma
Position Type: Full Time
Lead the brand's product development efforts to design and create innovative, functional and stylish items for all channels. Support the buying groups design/development needs across all categories. Develop the themes and vision for each season that reflects the mood, market trends and customer/business needs.
* Translate themes or moods into the ideas or concepts for each season's collections, including color palette, shapes and textures into agreed-upon line list.
* With direction from Senior Vice President - General Manager, Merchandising Director and Buyers, develop product assortment. Produce materials, color schemes and designs. Identify ideas to be developed.
* Coordinate and communicate needs to Freelance and Part-Time designers and leads designers to create designs that support the seasonal aesthetic for all product.
* Gather and translate market trends into concepts that respond to business needs (e.g., price points, geographic considerations) for the relevant product category.
* Review and approve all product specifications, final designs and final samples.
* Recommend effective processes and procedures to improve workflow and results between buyers and product development.
* Review, revise and approve all department samples.
* Create presentation boards; present to merchants.
* Travel as needed to factories and buying shows domestically and internationally
* Maintain Budget for Product Development department
* Report to Director of Merchanisin.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
* Minimum 8 years product design experience ideally in home soft goods.
* 2 years management experience with creative department.
* 4 year college degree required.
* Department visionary and is able to execute all designs
* Excellent communication and leadership skills
* Ability to produce technical drawings.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
About Williams-Sonoma Inc.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a specialty retailer of products for the home. The retail segment of the Company’s business sells its products through five retail store concepts: Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, West Elm and Williams-Sonoma Home. The direct-to-customer segment of the Company’s business sells similar products through its seven direct-mail catalogs and through six e-commerce Websites. The Company’s Williams-Sonoma stores offer a selection of culinary and serving equipment, including cookware, cookbooks, cutlery, informal dinnerware, glassware, table linens, specialty foods and cooking ingredients. The Company has two segments: retail and direct-to-customer. The catalogs reach customers in the United States, while the five retail concepts, as of February 1, 2009, operated 627 stores in 44 states.