Requisition Number: WS-6368
Area of Interest: Retail
Division: Retail Williams-Sonoma
Position Type: Full Time
Job Purpose: In partnership with the General Manager, promote a sales culture to build productivity. Develop associates for future growth through hiring and developing great people. Provide leadership to achieve or exceed budgeted sales, payroll and controllable expense goals. Effectively manage store operations, maintain appropriate inventory levels and visual merchandising standards. Ensure all internal and external customers receive exemplary customer service and receive a positive store/brand experience. Ensure sales associates build relationships with customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* In partnership with the General Manager, ensure store meets or exceeds sales and contest goals. Meet payroll goals based on current trends.
* Prioritize, plan and adjust schedules and daily agendas to meet business goals. Hold team accountable to achieving goals.
* In partnership with the General Manager, recruit, interview, and select qualified candidates to build a talent pipeline to achieve current and future business goals.
* Train and motivate all associates through on-going programs in sales, customer service and product knowledge.
* Develop associates to assume increased levels of responsibility.
* Assess performance and provide on-going feedback; Complete and deliver performance appraisals and development plans.
* Ensure team provides an exceptional customer experience in the store to achieve World Class Service standards.
* Maintain presence through effective floor management and ensure staff coverage in all areas of the store.
* Maintain a safe work environment and ensure ongoing safety training and awareness.
* In partnership with the General Manager, manage store-operating procedures i.e., inventory levels and cash control to minimize store losses.
* Responsible for ensuring the store meets company guidelines in opening and closing.
* In partnership with the General Manager, monitor company assets through accurate inventory procedures.
* Ensure store standards are met and maintained, i.e., visuals, cleanliness, signage, safety, etc.
* Exemplify and ensure associates comply with all Company policies and procedures.
* Create and maintain an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy.
* Monitor assets through accurate inventory management procedures.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
* 2-3 years Store Management experience. Specialty retail preferred.
* Ability to manage staff to meet and exceed sales and payroll goals.
* Ability to identify top talent and train/develop/retain great people.
* Ability to think through complex issues and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities.
* Effective communication, organization and leadership skills.
* Ability to motivate and influence others through actions and examples.
* Ability to achieve results both independently and through others by fostering a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
* Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
* Availability to work closing shift a minimum of three times per week, minimum of three Saturdays per month and two Sundays per month, annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December).
* Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lb., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States, Canada and Australia. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels - retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship or relocation.
About Williams-Sonoma Inc.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a specialty retailer of products for the home. The retail segment of the Company’s business sells its products through five retail store concepts: Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, West Elm and Williams-Sonoma Home. The direct-to-customer segment of the Company’s business sells similar products through its seven direct-mail catalogs and through six e-commerce Websites. The Company’s Williams-Sonoma stores offer a selection of culinary and serving equipment, including cookware, cookbooks, cutlery, informal dinnerware, glassware, table linens, specialty foods and cooking ingredients. The Company has two segments: retail and direct-to-customer. The catalogs reach customers in the United States, while the five retail concepts, as of February 1, 2009, operated 627 stores in 44 states.