What is my job:
The job of the Host(ess) is to greet guests warmly, escort them to their table and ensure their experience is off to an incredible start. This position is also responsible for ensuring reservations are scheduled, table assignments are effectively planned and guests’ waiting time is as positive as the rest of their time at The Pub to ensure a total dining experience they can’t get anywhere else.
How do I make a difference?
Providing incredible customer service
• Providing incredible service to guests by warmly greeting them as they arrive and escorting them to the bar, event or dining area in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner; being sure to monitor their needs and ensure a pleasant wait time to start their experience with positivity and energy
• Planning table assignments, floor plans, daily rosters as well as guest seating; ensuring accurate and fair guest placement that benefits both the service team and the guest
• Answering telephone calls in a prompt, consistent and courteous manner; taking reservations and maintaining the reservation book, answering questions and/ or directing calls to the appropriate area or person
• Maintaining the appearance and accuracy of menus; ensuring they are up-to-date and in excellent condition
Supporting front of the house operations
• Assisting in preparing the dining, bar and event areas for service with an exceptional attention to detail; helping to ensure all areas are clean, organized and well-stocked
• Assisting in performing opening and closing procedures as well as partnering with other service team members to ensure exceptional customer service is provided at all times and guests are given a reason to return
• Learning about special events and general restaurant operations to provide support and perform additional tasks as needed
What skills, learning’s, and experiences are required?
• Customer Service experience working in retail, restaurant service or other related industry experience
• Provide incredible customer service, greeting guests and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
• Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
• Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
• Properly handle, prepare, transport and products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
• Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
• Write and speak clearly, concisely and with tact in a variety of settings using effective communication skills; demonstrating empathy and respect for others at all times
• Relate well to others using interpersonal savvy to foster two-way communication and develop effective relationships; recognize differences in communication styles and maintain composure
What skills, learnings, and experiences are preferred and will set me apart?
• Basic knowledge of food, beer, liquor and wine
• Previous experience as a host(ess) in a high standard, fresh concept restaurant/hotel management
• Experience working with Open Table, Micros, or other related systems
• Work includes walking, standing for up to 4 hours without a break, grasping, repetitive and sustained hand and arm movements, bending, reaching, frequent lifting, and occasional heavy lifting, along with continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment. Work involves exposure to various work environments, including temperature changes. The average weight range of items lifted is 5-20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds rarely. May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction).
• Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check
• All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed