Want a job you’ll LOVE?
Our Produce department helps customers live healthier, better lives by offering a variety of delicious and unique fruits and vegetables. In this area, you’ll be responsible for ensuring customers have access to fresh produce that is trimmed, cut and ready for use. If you’re looking for the opportunity to increase your knowledge about products and share your passion for fruits and vegetables, this could be the position for you!
Looking for Career Growth? Watch our video!
How do I make a difference?
Providing Incredible, Knowledge Based Customer Service
• Proactively approach customers, educate them about unique produce offerings, make suggestions for meal solutions, and help to locate products
• Familiarize self with products in the department, understand how different varieties of fruits and vegetables are supposed to look and smell at the peak of perfection, and recognize the difference between organic and non-organic products
• Seek to expand knowledge about trending seasonal items, simmer sauces, and cooking techniques while using the MENU Magazine and other Wegmans materials to learn and share acquired knowledge with customers
Ensuring High Quality Products & Ingredients
• Trim and cut fruits and vegetables to maintain attractive product appearance at Peak of Perfection, ensuring the freshest high quality items are available for customers
• Cut, package, weigh and label a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables for easy “Take It” meal solutions
• Follow Wegmans Guiding Principles and department job aides to consistently prepare quality products that meet Wegmans standards
• Unload and break down deliveries, store products in backroom and cooler; stock and refill displays to meet customer needs while rotating for freshness
• Work with team members to maintain the overall appearance of the department by ensuring products are well-merchandised and showcase quality and Peak of Perfection items
• Properly handle products, use equipment, keep accurate logs and follow sanitation practices in accordance with food and human safety guidelines and Simplification 5S procedures
Living Who We Are
• Support, encourage, and respect co-workers
• Work with supervisor to set and achieve goals for professional development
• Comply with Wegmans Policies and Work Rules, as well as, federal and state laws
• Maintain open lines of communication with supervisors and coworkers to ensure the most efficient operations in the department
Seeking Candidates Who…
• Live our values: caring, respect, empowerment, making a difference, high standards
• Possess teamwork & diversity awareness
• Seek continuous learning opportunities
• Provide incredible customer service
• Ensure food & human safety
• Possess organizational skills
• Provide knowledge based service
• Educate self and others about product knowledge
• Use and explain Wegmans cooking techniques
• Possess culinary knife skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Experience working on a farm
• Experience using proper knife skills and/or preparing food
• Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery
• Work includes standing for up to 4 hours without a break, repetitive hand and arm movements, some bending, reaching, and lifting with occasional heavy lifting, along with continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment.
• The average weight range of items lifted is 5–20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 40 pounds occasionally.
• May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an
* Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check. All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed