A glimpse at the job:
At Wegmans, our Front End employees play a crucial role in leaving a lasting impression on our customers. As a Front End Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for making sure the employees in these departments, specifically cashiers, have the tools and resources to provide incredible customer service. You’ll use your leadership skills and outgoing personality to be a key player on this team, ensuring the department is running smoothly by helping cashiers satisfy customers and assisting where needed.
I will add value by:
- Proactively assisting customers, providing incredible customer service, helping locate products, answering questions and handling any issues or concerns
- Promptly responding to cashiers’ pages and requests for assistance, working to ensure cashiers are able to meet customer needs quickly and efficiently
- Overseeing various scheduled tasks and ensuring proper scheduling of Front End employees; following all federal, state and Wegmans guidelines for break and minor regulations
- Ensuring Front End team members are staying on track by delegating tasks, being certain to know where each employee is supposed to be, when they are supposed to be coming in and making adjustments to the schedule as necessary
- Proactively monitoring customer flow and traffic patterns throughout the store, seeking to reduce customer wait time at check out by opening extra lanes and running registers as necessary
- Minimizing shrink in all departments throughout the store by ensuring reshops are done on a regular and timely basis; seeking to control costs on the Front End by recognizing opportunities to reduce waste and recycle
- Maintaining open lines of communication with Front End manager, Service Team Leaders, cashiers and other Front End employees to ensure the most efficient operation throughout the department
- Assisting Front End Manager and Service Team Leaders by sharing observations about employees to help them grow and develop professionally
- Ensuring the department’s needs are being met by prioritizing and attending to the most critical tasks first
- Performing cashier observations and sharing feedback with team members, as well as Service Team Leaders and Front End Manager to make certain Front End programs are being followed, standards are met and guidelines are adhered to
- Educating team members on how to avoid overages and shortages at their registers, being sure to discuss and find a cause for discrepancies with appropriate cashiers
- Assisting with the implementation of special store/ community events, ensuring employees are educated on and following company programs and initiatives
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Customer service experience, preferably in a grocery or retail setting
- Experience running a cash register and handling cash or other forms of tender
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuouslearning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handles, prepares, transports and stores products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Able to problem solve, anticipating, analyzing, and identifying problems, responding quickly when situations arise and preventing problems when possible.
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Experience working in a customer service desk setting
- Managerial/ supervisory experience
- Write and speak clearly, concisely and with tact in a variety of settings using effective communication skills; demonstrating empathy and respect for others at all times
- Possess delegation skills and clearly communicate expectations in a positive way, assess employees' abilities when assigning tasks and follow-up to ensure their completion
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, occasional bending, frequent reaching, moving and lifting
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 3 -8 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 40 pounds occasionally
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.