A glimpse at the job:
At Wegmans, our customers have come to depend on our Pharmacy professionals to provide the best service possible when it comes to their health. In the role of a Customer Service Pharmacy Technician, you will play an integral role in ensuring customers are getting the medical attention, care and services that set a Wegmans Pharmacy apart from the rest. If you’re a compassionate team player with a desire to help others, this could be the place to develop your talents and passions.
I will add value by:
- Providing incredible customer service, both in person and over the phone, by processing prescription requests, being empathetic with sensitive situations and striving to meet each customers’ expectations and needs
- Using best practices when performing steps in the prescription fill/ re-fill process, including correctly inputting information into computer systems, dispensing correct medication and verifying information before releasing products to customers
- Demonstrating knowledge of 3rd party insurance by using available resources when communicating with doctors’ offices, insurance companies and other healthcare professionals, proactively contacting necessary parties to address issues and achieve the best possible outcome for customers
- Referring appropriate questions related to prescriptions and over-the-counter medicines to a Pharmacist and promoting services offered by the department including Pharmacist counseling
- Assisting team leader with maintaining appropriate inventory levels in the department through ordering, rotating and stocking drugs and other supplies with Simplification practices in mind
- Assisting team members with tasks to ensure the department is running efficiently
- Taking ownership of duties and responsibilities performed throughout the department
- Complying with all Wegmans policies, state and federal laws affecting the department, including the Confidentiality (HIPAA) policy
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Strong math and computer skills, including proficiency in Windows based software
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuouslearning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handles, prepares, transports and stores products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Able to problem solve, anticipating, analyzing, and identifying problems, responding quickly when situations arise and preventing problems when possible
- Possess data entry skills and can easily navigate between computer screens, interpret and input information correctly utilizing proper keyboard techniques, treat company and other sensitive material with professionalism and confidentiality
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Previous customer service experience, preferably in a Pharmacy or healthcare setting
- Technician certification
- Write and speak clearly, concisely, and with tact in a variety of settings using effective communication skills; demonstrating empathy and respect for others at all times
- Continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive forceful pinching and grasping, bending and lifting
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 1 – 10 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 35 pounds rarely
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Work involves frequent use of a computer and telephone
- Will spend majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.