What is my job:
The job of the Host(ess) is to greet guests warmly, escort them to their table and ensure their experience is off to an incredible start. This position is also responsible for ensuring reservations are scheduled, table assignments are effectively planned and guests’ waiting time is as positive as the rest of their time at Next Door to ensure a total dining experience they can’t get anywhere else. Note to Applicant: Must be available evenings, nights, and weekendsHow do I make a difference?Providing incredible customer service
Supporting front of the house operations
- Providing incredible service to guests by warmly greeting them as they arrive and escorting them to the bar, lounge, event or dining area in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner; being sure to monitor their needs and ensure a pleasant wait time to start their experience with positivism and energy
- Planning table assignments, floor plans, daily rosters as well as guest seating; ensuring accurate and fair guest placement that benefits both the service team and the guest
- Answering telephone calls in a prompt, consistent and courteous manner; taking reservations and maintaining the reservation book, answering questions and/ or directing calls to the appropriate area or person
- Maintaining the appearance and accuracy of menus; ensuring they are up-to-date and in excellent condition
What skills, learnings, and experiences are required?
- Assisting in preparing the dining, bar and event areas for service with an exceptional attention to detail; helping to ensure all areas are clean, organized and well-stocked
- Assisting in performing opening and closing procedures as well as partnering with other service team members to ensure exceptional customer service is provided at all times and guests are given a reason to return
- Learning about special events and general restaurant operations to provide support and perform additional tasks as needed
What skills, learnings, and experiences are preferred and will set me apart?
- Customer Service experience working in retail, restaurant service or other related industry experience
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting guests and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Write and speak clearly, concisely and with tact in a variety of settings using effective communication skills; demonstrating empathy and respect for others at all times
- Relate well to others using interpersonal savvy to foster two-way communication and develop effective relationships; recognize differences in communication styles and maintain composure
- Basic knowledge of food, beer, liquor and wine
- Previous experience as a host(ess) in a high standard, fresh concept restaurant/hotel management
- Experience working with Open Table, Micros, or other related systems
- Work includes walking, standing for prolonged periods of time without a break, some bending and reaching, along with continuous interaction with guests and co-workers in a fast-paced environment.
- The average weight range of items lifted is 5–10 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 15 pounds occasionally.
- May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction).
- Employment at Next Door Bar & Grill may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check
- All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.