Short Pump Full Time Hourly Entry Level Management Opportunities
Must be 18 or older
The grand opening of the new Short Pump store will be in late Summer 2016.
The Short Pump store will be open 6am-midnight.
Full-time interviews will begin in December 2015
Part-time interview will begin in April 2016.
Opportunities are for Year Round Employment
11551 Nuckols Road
Glen Allen, VA
A glimpse at the job:
At Wegmans, Team Leaders lead and develop employees to ensure their departments are running efficiently, effectively and profitably. They focus on driving sales through innovative merchandising approaches, industry knowledge and technical expertise, as well as interviewing and selecting the best team members; developing their skills, passion and knowledge while equipping them with the tools needed to grow in their roles.
I will add value in the following Entry Level Management positions available at Wegmans:
Team Leader (TL):
Team Leaders are found in each department of the store. Whether overseeing a smaller department independently or assisting a department manager in a larger department. TLs all work closely with team members to develop the skills and knowledge needed to provide incredible customer service. They work to ensure products are available for customers, and displays are well-merchandised and eye-appealing. TLs lead employees by example to complete tasks in the department and best serve the needs of the customer and the store.
Team Leaders are found in the following departments; Merchandising departments, Pharmacy department (in some Wegmans stores); Perishable departments; Prepared Foods departments.
Service Team Leader (STL):
Service Team Leaders are found in the front of the store on the Front End; the area where customers begin and end their shopping experience. STLs supervise and develop a team of Front End employees and are entrusted with managing the entire store during early morning, late evening and nighttime hours as well as weekend operations. Possessing a love of food and a passion for people, STLs are natural leaders looking to launch their leadership career at Wegmans. Please note: Service Team Leaders are unique in that they are given the responsibility of managing the entire store at various times. Our existing stores experience busy sale patterns on the weekends. STLs also work a variety of shifts, hours and days each week, and are typically scheduled a minimum of 2-3 nights per week until approximately 12:30am.
Positions of similar nature include: Key Holder, Entry Level Manager, Night Manager, Shift Manager, Manager, Assistant Manager, Customer Service Manager, Supervisor, and Key Carrier.
*Denotes a department not found in all Wegmans stores.
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Required Skills and experience may vary based on positions listed above and may include any and all of the following:
- Leadership experience or aptitude, including a prior supervisory coordination role in a work setting, professional group, service-based affiliation, etc.
- Understand, recognize and implement the company values; striving to make a difference by empowering employees and promoting high standards and excellence in all areas (Who We Are).
- Use performance and career development tools to manage and develop others, working with employees to set up and achieve individual and department goal.
- Work towards continuous improvement to encourage change; find ways to increase profitability and productivity; and improve processes, products & customer service in department(s).
What might set me apart from other candidates
- Preferred skills and experience may vary based on positions listed and may include any and all of the following:
- Managerial/supervisory experience including but not limited to, interview, selection, disciplinary action, employee development and managing financials.
- Practice proper ordering techniques to complete orders by deadlines and participate in inventory process to ensure items are available to support merchandising programs and product promotions (in Perishable, Prepared Foods, and Merchandising Departments).
- Exhibit merchandising skills by attractively displaying products considering seasonality, cross merchandising opportunities and corporate programs with the aim of educating and enticing customers (In Perishable, Prepared Foods, and Merchandising Departments).
- Assist with meal preparation and planning by providing customers with proper serving guidelines and recommending correct cooking techniques, helping to make great meals easy (In Perishable, and Prepared Foods Departments).
- Work generally involves continuous interactions with customers and co-workers in a fast pace environment
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours.
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Specific motions, weight lifting requirements and temperature conditions will vary by department.
- Perishable and Prepared Foods departments require proper and safe handling of knives and other cooking or baking utensils and equipment.
- In order to maintain a high standard of food safety, it is Wegmans’ policy that when working in Perishable and Prepared Foods areas a hair restraint must be worn at all times. Also facial ornaments & jewelry must be removed.
- Days/Hours requirements: Full-time applicants are required to have an open availability Sunday–Saturday, between the primary operating hours of 6am to midnight, unless specified for a position/department. Full-time employees work a minimum of 40 hours/week, in 8 hour intervals, including evening, and weekends to meet business needs. Weekend availability is required.
- All applications will be screened and only those applicants whose qualifications most closely match the job requirements will receive an interview.
- If you are a match for a position, we will contact you with additional information regarding the interview process.
- If you application and qualification do not match the job requirements, you will be notified through email.
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion of our evaluation of a drug screen, physical and/or criminal background check. Online correspondence is important throughout the Wegmans hiring process. Please ensure that your contact information is accurate and changes are updated as they occur.
- In order to receive proper training prior to the store opening, all employees will be required to travel to other stores. Travel may be required (and should be expected) for each shift an employees scheduled to work prior to the store opening.