A glimpse at the job:
Our customers have come to know and love the delicious prepared foods we provide everyday. And we make it a priority to ensure there is a clean, comfortable area for them to enjoy it in. As a Table Busser in our Café, you will ensure the entire Café area is well-maintained and kept stocked with all the supplies our customers will need. You will be able to provide customers with an impeccably clean environment and will take pride in the value you add in enhancing their experience at Wegmans.
I will add value by:
- Providing incredible customer service by ensuring the Café area is fully stocked with supplies and kept in pristine condition; assisting customers as needed to locate items in the Café or escort them to their tables
- Wiping down tables, chairs, counters and other surfaces in the Café throughout the day; clearing areas, as well as floors, of trash and other debris
- Replenishing supplies, including silverware, napkins, cups, straws, salt and pepper, etc. to ensure availability for customers
- Collecting trays from tables, wiping trays down and ensuring clean trays are available for customers to use
- Maintaining open lines of communication with the Prepared Foods department and Culinary team as well as the Maintenance team to ensure larger maintenance issues are attended to
- Assisting as needed to help prepare for store events taking place in the Café
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuouslearning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired productknowledge
- Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery, restaurant or retail setting
- Experience bussing tables
- Work involves interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 1 – 10 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 25 pounds occasionally
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.