A glimpse at the job:
At Wegmans, we pride ourselves on providing our customers with a one-of-a-kind shopping experience. From holiday gifts to everyday decorating and home accents, the unique products offered in our General Merchandise department are one way we do just that. As a team member in this department, you will be responsible for ensuring items are available and displayed for customers throughout the day, and will go above and beyond expectations to provide incredible service.
I will add value by:
- Providing incredible customer service by proactively approaching customers, offering suggestions for gifts and decorating ideas, answering any questions and helping locate products
- Working with team members to ensure items are well-merchandised in innovative and eye-appealing ways to display a variety of unique products and drive sales in the department
- Building and taking apart displays in the department to ensure products are presented in the best way possible and the sales floor is kept in a condition where customers can easily shop
- Maintaining the appearance of products on display in the department to showcase the quality of items offered and ensure fragile items are carefully handled
- Unloading deliveries, filling shelves and displays on the sales floor to meet customer needs and sustain product levels, and maintaining the back room following Simplification practices
- Properly handling all products and equipment in accordance with safety guidelines
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others’ points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuouslearning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired productknowledge
- Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 10 – 20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted greater than 50 pounds occasionally
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.