What is my job:
Lead multiple creative teams and processes; provide creative direction and expertise with business perspective. Ensure that all branded communication pieces and their creative execution align with company priorities and that all communications are integrated and connected to effectively speak to our customers. Develop and maintain Wegmans’ brand identity, while focusing on highly complex projects and ensuring business objectives are achieved.
How do I make a difference?
Continuously Improving Results
- Manage design teams to create consistent, overall brand and campaign strategies by introducing non-traditional solutions to communicate our message in new and unique ways
- Work closely with Marketing, Production and Digital teams to produce materials that will effectively communicate key messages to our customers
- Create clarity across the department on emerging projects and design approaches
- Work with and gather feedback from the executive team, Merchandising, and Marketing leadership to create innovate solutions to complex and high priority communication projects
- Develop relationships and drive the process of consensus building among multiple business owners to define and influence the strategy
- Lead the branding and campaign message process by defining success measures and continuous improvement opportunities
- Develop design strategies that are integrated with company goals and priorities, within budget and on time
- Provide strategic focus and guidelines for the look and feel of all creative including words, illustration and photography
- Conduct external benchmarking and keep up to date on latest consumer and competitor trends
- Establish contract relationships with outside agencies that meet our high standards, making financially responsible decisions regarding who we partner with
What skills, learnings, and experiences are required?
- Bachelor's degree in Art, Graphic Design or Advertising or equivalent professional experience.
- 10 or more years of relevant professional experience driving compelling creative advertising strategy and execution with a high volume advertising design studio, ad agency or internal corporate agency.
- 5 or more years of experience managing a team (7 or more) of Graphic Designers
- Demonstrated business acumen, including experience of budgeting, resourcing, and vendor negotiation/selection.
- Self-motivated team player, with refined and assertive leadership skills that inspire others to rise to the occasion.
An online portfolio of your work is required. Please add your online portfolio link at the top of your resume when you apply.
- Work involves continuous interaction with co-workers in fast-paced environment
- Work includes sitting for prolonged periods, along with repetitive hand and arm movements
- Work requires frequent use of the telephone and computer
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 1 – 5 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 10 pounds occasionally
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check
- All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.