A glimpse at the job:
At Wegmans, providing incredible customer service starts behind the scenes in departments such as Receiving. As a team member in this area, you will work closely with store employees as well as outside vendors to ensure products are accurately delivered to the store. You’ll support the incredible customer service our departments provide every day and will be the first step to getting products out on the shelves and available for customers to enjoy.
I will add value by:
- Verifying all incoming deliveries; ensuring the quantity and type of products received are correct and match invoices
- Unloading deliveries and breaking down pallets, putting supplies away neatly and efficiently while following Simplification (organizational) practices
- Working with outside product vendors, checking for overages, shortages or other discrepancies in products; ensuring they are following Wegmans practices when making deliveries
- Checking the quality of products delivered, ensuring there is no visible damage
- Assisting departments in tracking and processing vendor credits for overages, shortages, damages, etc.
- Keeping track of records for the receiving area, including billing, credits, transfers, inventory, damages and variances
- Maintaining the overall appearance and functionality of the back dock and receiving area to ensure vendors are able to safely and efficiently make deliveries
- Communicating with appropriate people when orders are received or if any problems with orders arise
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Possess basic computer keyboarding and navigation skills
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others’ points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuouslearning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired productknowledge
- Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Customer service/ receiving experience in a food service, grocery or retail setting
- Experience ordering products and handling inventory
- Work includes continuous interaction with co-workers and vendors in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include bending, reaching and repetitive hand and arm movements, including repetitive and sustained grasping
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 5 – 20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds rarely to occasionally
- May be exposed to various allergens and some seasonal outdoor temperatures and weather
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.