A glimpse at the job:
Getting 2 – 3 servings of dairy products every day is an important part of eating well and living well, and team members in our Dairy department work hard to ensure customers can reach that goal by stocking the department with milk, eggs, cheese, Wegmans Super Yogurt and much more! As a Customer Service team member, you’ll be responsible for going above and beyond customer expectations to provide incredible service and ensure products are available for customers throughout the day.
I will add value by:
- Providing incredible customer by proactively approaching customers, assisting them in locating products throughout the department, providing suggestions or solutions to help complete their meal and answering any questions they have about products
- Working with team members to maintain the overall appearance of the department; ensuring product levels are sustained throughout the day and cases and displays are well-merchandised with fresh products to promote items and drive sales
- Unloading deliveries and stocking cases, displays and backroom coolers; being sure to keep an organized work area following Simplification practices
- Recognizing seasonal holiday and weather effects on product sales, being sure to maintain a constant flow of these products going out to the floor
- Familiarizing self with products in the department as well as inventory in the backroom to better assist customers in locating items, being able to quickly answer questions about product availability
- Checking expiration dates on products when stocking fresh items, rotating to ensure freshness and following procedures for shrinking out-dated products
- Maintaining open lines of communication with team members and Dairy Team Leader to ensure the most efficient operations for the department
- Properly handing products and using equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others’ points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuouslearning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired productknowledge
- Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Work is performed in cold temperatures
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, pushing, pulling, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 8-32 pounds of products with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.