Want a job you’ll LOVE?
The Knowledge Based Service Seller provides customers with samplings of delicious foods, shares knowledge about products, and suggests ideas for meal preparation. In this role, you’ll work with various departments throughout the store to drive sales by creating interest and enthusiasm for products. If you have a passion for food, sharing knowledge, and working with customers, this could be the role for you!
Looking for Career Growth? Watch our video!
How do I make a difference?
Providing Incredible, Knowledge Based Customer Service
• Proactively acknowledge customers, invite them to try products, answer any questions they may have and offer suggestions for recipes and preparation to create product interest
• Enthusiastically share knowledge about the products being created and introduce ideas for new ways to enjoy items
• Demonstrate and teach customers how to replicate cooking techniques for customer at-home success
Ensuring High Quality Products & Ingredients
• Assist departments in driving sales by showcasing items being promoted in well-merchandised, eye-appealing and enticing displays
• Follow Wegmans approved core recipes, seasonal menus, and cooking techniques when preparing food
• Accurately record shrink and keep track of products used during preparation and sampling, being sure to communicate this information with appropriate departments
• Coordinate the ordering of meal components with appropriate Department Managers
• Review communication from Merchandising Office and newsletters relevant to featured recipe or product
• Properly handle products, use equipment, keep accurate logs and follow sanitation practices in accordance with food and human safety guidelines and Simplification 5S procedures
Living Who We Are
• Maintain open lines of communication with store management and department managers to ensure stations are set up with appropriate products
• Work with supervisor to set and achieve goals for professional development
• Certify employees in Wegmans approved cooking techniques
What skills, learnings, and experiences are required?
• Demonstrated ability to guide customers to make a purchase
• Possess a passion for food and sharing knowledge of products with others
• Strong presentation skills
• Living Who We Are: Caring, Respect, Empowerment, Making a Difference, High Standards
• Teamwork & Diversity Awareness
• Continuous Learning
• Incredible Customer Service,
• Food & Human Safety
• Organizational Skills
• Knowledge Based Service
• Product Knowledge
• Cooking Techniques
What skills, learnings, and experiences are preferred and will set me apart?
• Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
• Food preparation experience
• Work involves continuous interaction with customers in a fast-paced environment
• Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, bending and reaching
• Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 1 – 5 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 35 pounds rarely
• May be exposed to various allergens
• Work requires the safe and proper handling of common cooking utensils and counter-top cooking equipment
• Will spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand without a break for up to 4 hours
* Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check. All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed