A glimpse at the job:
If you’re an outgoing person who enjoys preparing and sharing food, a Customer Service Store Demo team member could be the perfect position for you. In this role, you’ll provide Wegmans customers with samplings of delicious foods, sharing knowledge about products and ideas for preparation. Working with departments throughout the store and well as outside vendors, you’ll drive sales by creating interest and enthusiasm for the product you are demo-ing, while providing the incredible customer service Wegmans prides itself on.
I will add value by:
- Providing incredible customer service by enthusiastically sharing knowledge about products being demo-ed and introducing ideas for new ways to enjoy products
- Proactively acknowledging customers and inviting them to try the product; answering any questions they may have and offering suggestions for recipes and preparation
- Assisting departments in driving sales by setting up and performing demos in their areas, showcasing items they are promoting in well-merchandised, eye-appealing displays and creating customer enthusiasm for products
- Maintaining open lines of communication with store management, departments and demo coordinator to set up demos in the correct areas with the correct products at the correct times
- Accurately keeping track of products used during demos, being sure to communicate this information with appropriate departments, and recording shrink
- Strictly adhering to all safety and food safety rules when handling and preparing products as well as Wegmans policies for demo-ing items
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others’ points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuouslearning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired productknowledge
- Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Customer service experience, preferably in a grocery or retail setting
- Food preparation/ food service experience
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 1 – 5 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 35 pounds rarely
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Work requires the safe and proper handling of common cooking utensils and counter-top cooking equipment
- Will spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand without a break for up to 4 hours
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.