A glimpse at the job:
Our Frozen Foods department is home to products our customers use every day, at each meal and for quick entertaining solutions. As a team member in this area, you will be responsible for ensuring cases are stocked and customers are receiving the incredible service Wegmans prides itself on. If you enjoy cold climates and working with a team to get the job done, this could be the position for you!
I will add value by:
- Providing incredible customer service by proactively approaching customers, helping them locate products, answering questions and offering suggestions or solutions to help complete their meal
- Working with team members to maintain the overall appearance of the department, ensuring products are properly displayed in freezers, product levels are sustained throughout the day, cases are cleaned and reshops are done on a timely basis
- Familiarizing self with products in the department as well as inventory in the backroom to better assist customers in locating items, being able to quickly answer questions about product availability
- Breaking down deliveries, stocking cases on the sales floor and backroom freezers ensuring products are moved quickly from room temperature areas to freezers
- Recognizing seasonal holiday and weather effects on product sales, being sure to maintain a constant flow of these products going out to cases
- Maintaining open lines of communication with team members and Frozen Team Leader to ensure most efficient operations in the department
- Properly handling products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others’ points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuouslearning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired productknowledge
- Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Involves expose to and work in below freezing temperatures
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 8 – 32 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally to frequently
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up for 4 hours
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.